If your pet gets heartworms, here's what's required for reimbursement (Reimbursement for diagnostic & treatment costs):
- Send us your bill for treatment of heartworms and we'll send you a check (requires 9 months of continuous use of heartworm product purchased from 1-800-PetMeds® on the pet for whom the medication was prescribed. Monetary limitations apply).
- Proof must be provided that you administered Interceptor according to the label and prescribing instructions. In other words, if you skipped a month or didn't administer correctly, you may not be reimbursed.
- Vet must provide proof of a baseline (-) heartworm test prior to starting the product.
- Vet must provide proof of a 6-7 month follow up test to rule out pre-existing infections when switching products.
- Vet must provide clinical and purchase history. All purchases must be documented in the medical record. Prescriptions must be per pet not per household.
- Only if all the above are provided will reimbursement be provided. But your pet will still need to be re-tested at a particular lab, and if your veterinarian wants to use a different lab, reimbursement for that cost will only be up to $30.
INTERCEPTOR® is a registered trademark of Novartis.