What is Wysong Geriatrx Dry Cat Food?
As your cat ages, his or her nutritional needs change. Wysong Geriatrx is formulated to fulfill the needs of aging cats that require fewer calories than more active cats. Geriatrx is a micronutrient dense diet that has been designed to help extend the life span in a variety of species. It is also designed for cats who have degenerative disorders, such as kidney, heart, and liver disease. Wysong foods, including Geriatrx, are made in the USA at their own facilities with USDA- and FDA-approved domestically sourced ingredients, so you can feel good about what your cat is eating.
- Ideal for older or sick cats, but can also benefit cats of all ages and health statuses
- Features food made from fresh ingredients
- High protein food
- Prepared with healthy fats chosen to protect against free radical/oxidation degradation
- Includes phytonutrients from fresh plant sources
- Made in the USA from USDA and FDA-approved domestic sources
How it Works:
Wysong Geriatrx contains fewer calories per ounce and a higher food bulk, which helps lower the food's glycemic index and helps your cat lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. It is a micro-nutrient dense diet and contains fresh ingredients and healthy fats, to help protect your pet from free radical/oxidation degradation.
- Any sudden change in diet may result in digestive disturbances. Wysong Geriatrx is a unique formulation, and should be gradually introduced. Over a period of 15 days, mix Geriatrx with the present diet beginning at about 10% and then gradually increase proportions. If difficulties arise, return to a smaller percentage and try again.
- Always keep fresh, pure water available.
- The amount fed should be adjusted to maintain an ideal body weight. Do not overfeed, regardless of the pet's eagerness. Over consumption leading to digestive upset is the most common difficulty pets have adjusting to this highly concentrated, unique nutritional formulation.
- If you feed your cat twice per day, cut the feeding amount in half at each meal.
- Most adult cats should be fed twice per day. Kittens should be fed free choice (as much as can be eaten in 30 minutes) several times per day. Although Geriatrx can be fed alone, Wysong recommends that you supplement your cat's diet with fresh food and raw and canned cat food.
- The following amounts suggested should be decreased in proportion to the amount of supplementation with fresh whole foods, or other foods provided in addition to Wysong dry food.
Factors such as stress and amount of activity may make it necessary to adjust the amount of feeding.
Wysong Geriatrx Dry Cat Food
Store in a cool dry place and protect from moisture.
Wysong Geriatrx Dry Cat Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (Min)||34.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min)||15.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||5.0%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min)||2.6%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (Min)||0.8%|
|Saccharomyces cerevisiae*||454 million CFU/lb|
|Enterococcus faecium*||23.3 million CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus casei*||21.8 million CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus*||19.4 million CFU/lb|
|Bacillus subtilis*||19.4 million CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus plantarum*||8.2 million CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus lactis*||7.8 million CFU/lb|
|Amylase (Bacillus licheniformis)*||24,000 mg of dextrinized starch/min/gram|
|Protease (Aspergillus oryzae)*||18,000 micrograms or tyrosine/min/gram|
|Lipase (Aspergillus niger)*||5,000 micromoles of butyric acid/min/gram|
|Lactase (Aspergillus niger)*||5,000 micromoles of o-nitrophenol/min/gram|
|Phytase (Aspergillus niger)*||150 micromoles of inorganic phosphate/min/gram|
|Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Fish Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Peas, Oat Groats, Pea Protein, Chicken Fat, Flaxseeds, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Eggs, Montmorillonite Clay, Crab Meal, Sesame Seeds, Natural Flavor, Whey, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Colostrum, Tomato Pomace, Calcium Propionate, Taurine, Chicken Cartilage, Choline Chloride, Coconut Oil, Organic Barley Grass, Blueberry, Dried Kelp, Yogurt (Whey, Milk Solids, Yogurt Cultures), Citric Acid, Apple Pectin, Fish Oil, Yeast Extract, Yeast Culture, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Chicory Root, Dried Carrots, Dried Celery, Dried Parsley, Dried Lettuce, Dried Watercress, Dried Spinach, Minerals (Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid [source of Vitamin C], Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid), Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Pepper.|
|*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles|
|CFU: Colony Forming Units|