What is Quest Gel Horse Dewormer?
Quest Gel Horse Dewormer is an oral gel dewormer and boticide. The single dose syringe treats and controls encysted small strongyle larvae, roundworms, seasonal parasites, and bots in horses. Quest also protects your horse from large and small strongyles, pinworms, hairworms, and stomach worms. One dose suppresses the production of small strongyle eggs for 84 days. Each syringe treats a single horse weighing up to 1,500 lbs or two or more lighter animals with a combined body weight of up to 1,500 lbs.
Horses and Ponies (6 months of age or older)
- Treats and controls encysted small strongyle larvae, roundworms, seasonal parasites, and bots
- Protects against large and small strongyles, pinworms, hairworms, and stomach worms
- Suppresses production of strongyle eggs for 84 days
- Easy-to-use oral syringe
How does Quest Gel Horse Dewormer work?
The active ingredient, moxidectin, is effective against key equine parasites. Quest Gel Horse Dewormer suppresses strongyle egg production through 84 days following a single oral administration. This residual strongyle control reduces pasture contamination and provides a period of protection from reinfection for horses and ponies on the same pasture.
Quest Gel Horse Dewormer is formulated specifically for use in horses and ponies only. This product should not be used in other animals as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities, may result. Extreme caution should be used when administering the product to foals and young and miniature horses, as overdosage may result in serious adverse reactions. Don't use in sick, debilitated, or underweight animals.
Quest Gel Horse Dewormer Directions:
- Quest Gel Horse Dewormer is packaged in ready-to-use Sure-Dial syringes. The syringe is calibrated in 50 lb increments, up to 1,500 lbs. This enables the administration of the recommended dose level of 0.18 mg/lb (0.4 mg/kg) body weight by choosing a setting consistent with your horse's weight.
- Before administering, set the dose corresponding with your horse's weight. To do so, turn the dial until the indicator matches the correct weight.
- Remove the cap from the end of the syringe.
- Place the tip of the syringe inside the mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the gel on the back of the tongue.
- Remove the syringe from the mouth and raise your horse's head slightly to make sure the gel is swallowed.
- Replace the syringe cap.
Before administering, make sure there is no feed in your horse's mouth.
Quest Gel Horse Dewormer Dosage:
|All weights||Give dose corresponding with your horse's weight every 84 days or as directed by your veterinarian.|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
Store at or below room temperature. Avoid freezing. If frozen, completely thaw before use. Store partially-used syringes with the cap tightly secured.
Quest Gel Horse Dewormer Ingredients:
|Active Ingredient (per syringe)||Amount|