What is PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar?
The PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar is for use with the PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® System (sold separately). The system supports an unlimited number of pets, so you can purchase additional collars for all dogs in your home. The PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar contains a rechargeable battery and has 5 adjustable levels of static correction, as well as a tone-only mode, which alerts your pet with a beep. The small, lightweight receiver is ergonomically designed for your dog's comfort. The collar fits neck sizes 6"-28", but the pass-through design of the receiver box makes it usable with any non-metallic 3/4" wide strap collar. The built-in battery recharges in 2-3 hours, with LED lights to indicate when it is time to recharge. A collar charger is also included. The PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar is completely waterproof and submersible up to 5 feet.
NOTE: The PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar is for use with the PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® System only, sold separately.
Dogs (5+ lbs with neck circumference 6"+)
- Keeps your dog safe in your yard when used with the PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® System
- Totally wireless
- 5 levels of static correction and tone-only mode
- Comes with long and short contact points
- Li-ion rechargeable battery with LED battery-life indicator
- Charges within 2-3 hours with charge lasting up to 3 weeks
- Collar charger included
- Waterproof and submersible up to 5 feet
- Fits dogs 5 lbs and over with at least a 6"-23" neck circumference
How it Works:
The PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar works by receiving a radio signal emitted by the PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® System that creates a circular boundary area. When your dog goes out to play, you simply slip the receiver collar on your dog's neck that signals your pet when he or she is going past the boundary area. It offers 5 levels of static correction and a tone-only mode for training purposes. The receiver collar contains a Li-ion rechargeable battery that is usually ready within 2-3 hours and can last up to 3 weeks. It also comes with long and short contact points. The long contact points are great for long-haired dogs. The receiver collar is waterproof and recommended for pets that weigh at least 5 lbs with a neck circumference of 6" to 23".
When beginning to train your dog with the PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar, put the receiver collar on tone-only mode and then work your way up to the correct setting that works for your pet.
This product is not for use with aggressive dogs. Do not use this product if your dog is prone to aggressive behavior. If you are not sure that this product is right for your dog, please talk to your veterinarian or a certified trainer.
Read the enclosed Operating & Training Instructions carefully before and during initial use. It is important to include Reinforcement Training for your pet on a regular basis. This wireless fencing system is NOT a solid barrier. It is designed to act as a deterrent to remind pets to remain in the boundary you've established. Since tolerance levels vary from pet to pet, not all pets can be trained to avoid crossing the boundary! Do NOT rely solely upon this device to confine your pet.
Important information about the receiver collar:
For in-depth installation details, please read the PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar Manual.
- Remove the collar at night.
- The collar should never be worn more than 12 hours.
- Clean the probes regularly.
- Recharge the unit only when it blinks red. (The unit will blink yellow at 20%-60% battery life & green with 60% battery or more)
- While charging, the light is a solid red, and changing to solid green when complete.
- Always begin training your pet on the lowest correction setting.
Setting up your PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® system:
- Setting up the Transmitter: First, choose the location you would like your transmitter to be. Keep in mind the size of your yard and the area you would like to cover (the Stay & Play covers up to 3/4 of an acre). The transmitter works best when it's in the center of the area you would like covered.
- Make sure the transmitter is 2-4 feet off the floor and in a dry, well-ventilated spot. You can mount the transmitter on the wall with the mounting template on the back of the transmitter. Keep the transmitter 3 feet away from any large metal objects, and near an outlet to ensure maximum coverage. Never place anything on top of the transmitter.
- For 45 feet or less coverage area, use the LOW setting. For areas greater than 45 feet, use the HIGH setting.
- Setting up the receiver collar: After you set up your transmitter, charge the receiver collar. The charge on the collar should last 2-3 weeks depending on how many times your dog challenges the boundary.
- Make sure the collar is fully charged before use and press and hold the mode button to turn on the collar.
- Test the collar by using the provided test light tool on the receiver collar. Turn the collar on and walk out into your yard. The collar will flash and beep as you approach the boundary area and the light on the test light tool will illuminate.
- This testing works best with two people. One person should be at the transmitter to adjust the device for the desired area, while the other person walks in the yard to test the collar.
- Once you have the boundary area detected, place flags around the perimeter to help train your pet.
- The collar should be snug and touching your pet's skin. For long-haired dogs, change out the contacts point for maximum effect. NEVER pull the collar to put pressure on the probes.
Never use a leash with the PetSafe® Stay + Play Receiver Collar. Leashes should be attached to a separate, non-metallic collar.
PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar Details:
|PetSafe® Stay + Play Wireless Fence® Receiver Collar, collar charger.|
|Collar Receiver Dimensions:3/4" wide, fits necks 6"-28".|