What is Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula?
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula is part of the Allergy-Free line of foods created for dogs prone to food allergies or sensitivities. This dog food limits the ingredients in your dog's diet, which may help to reduce allergic reactions such as skin problems, upset stomach, or an irritable bowel. Fresh sweet potatoes and real venison meat provide high-quality nutrition without any artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors.
- Fresh and simple ingredients (sweet potatoes and real venison meat) provide natural sources of protein and carbohydrates
- Grain-free formula with limited ingredients make this an ideal food for dogs with food allergies or sensitivities
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and coat
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) dog food nutrient profile for adult maintenance.
- Made in the USA
How it works:
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets are specially formulated to help reduce allergic reactions in dogs with food sensitivities. By using fresh protein sources and quality carbohydrates not found in many other dog foods (such as sweet potatoes and real venison meat) these simple ingredients may help to rebuild your dog's immune system and reduce allergic reactions. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids help to maintain your dog's skin health and shiny coat.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula Directions:
- Adult Dogs:Adult dogs should be fed either once or twice per day. When you first start feeding Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula, the change should be made gradually by replacing the current food with increasing portions of Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Dry Dog Formula. The change should be completed after 5 to 7 days. Energy requirements vary with environmental conditions, temperature, and activity of your dog. The amount of food should always be adjusted to suit your dog's needs.
- Working Dogs:Based on the work your dog will be asked to perform, the nutritional requirements will vary accordingly. As the workload increases, the demand for protein and fat increases proportionally. Dogs in hard training will generally require twice the maintenance levels.
- Older Dogs:As dogs begin to age, their energy expenditure will decrease. Decreasing the amount of food accordingly will allow for the maintenance of proper body weight for a less active dog.
Fresh clean water should be available at all times
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula Dosage:
|Weight||Dosage (per day)|
|10 lbs or less||1/2 to 1 cup|
|10-20 lbs||1 to 1 and 1/2 cups|
|20-30 lbs||1 and 1/2 to 2 and 1/2 cups|
|30-40 lbs||2 and 1/2 to 3 cups|
|40-60 lbs||3 to 3 and 3/4 cups|
|60-80 lbs||3 and 3/4 cups to 4 and 3/4 cups|
|80-100 lbs||4 and 3/4 to 5 and 3/4 cups|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store in a cool and dry place.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (min)||20.0%|
|Crude Fat (min)||10.0%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||4.0%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min)||2.0%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min)||0.5%|
|Calorie Content (calculated)||ME = 3340 kcal/kg; 370 kcal/cup|
|Ingredients: Dried Sweet Potatoes, Venison, Pea Protein, Potato Protein, Canola Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salmon Oil, Flaxseed, Potato Fiber, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, DL-Methionine, Minerals (Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Calcium Iodate), Taurine, Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Citric Acid (preservative), Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Rosemary Extract.|
|*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Nutritional Statement:Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for adult maintenance.|