What is Keratex Hoof Hardener?
Keratex Hoof Hardener strengthens weak, worn and cracked hooves by improving the molecular structure of the horn itself. It prevents the horn from taking in excess moisture, making it resistant to softening and weakening in wet conditions. This results in a reduction in shoe loss and abscesses. Keratex Hoof Hardener prevents cracks and hoof breakage so that shoes can stay on tight and your horse remains sound. It's equally effective in wet and dry conditions. Since Keratex Hoof Hardener is neither a varnish or resin layer, it leaves no visible coating, therefore the treated hoof is able to breathe and function naturally. Keratex Hoof Hardener is ideal for weak hooves and soft soles prone to bruising, horses that are worked barefoot, and brood mares, foals and yearlings.
- Strengthens weak, worn and cracked hooves
- Prevents the horn from taking in excess moisture
- Prevents cracks and hoof breakage
- Equally effective in wet and dry conditions
- Treated hoof is able to breathe and function naturally
How does Keratex Hoof Hardener work?
Keratex Hoof Hardener strengthens weak, worn and cracked hooves by improving the molecular structure of the horn itself. It forms additional intermolecular bonds between molecules of keratin through the process of cross-linking. Keratin is the main protein constituent of horn and is best described as the building block of the horn structure.
Keep away from your horse's eyes, nose, and mouth. Wear gloves and protective clothing when applying Keratex Hoof Hardener to your horse.
Keratex Hoof Hardener Directions:
- Apply to lower half of hoof and sole, avoiding coronary band and frog.
- Use daily for one week then twice weekly for general hoof maintenance.
- If the hoof has been treated with any oils or greases over the past three months, degrease the hoof thoroughly with acetone before applying Keratex Hoof Hardener. Do not use any oils or greases while using Keratex Hoof Hardener.
Pour from the bottle into the cap and work out of it to avoid getting dirt back in the bottle or spilling it.
Keratex Hoof Hardener Dosage:
|All weights||Use daily for one week, then twice weekly for general hoof maintenance, or as directed by your veterinarian.|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Store in a well-ventilated area.
Keratex Hoof Hardener Ingredients:
|Aluminum chloride hexahydrate, Glycerin (glycerol), Formaldehyde, Ethyl alcohol, Methyl alcohol, Methyl salicylate, Water.|