What is Insulin U-40 Syringes?
Insulin U-40 syringes are disposable, single-use syringes designed to be used to administer Vetsulin Insulin (porcine insulin zinc suspension) to dogs and cats. Insulin U-40 Syringes are 1 ml 29g x 1/2" fixed needles. Insulin U-40 Syringes require a prescription from your veterinarian if you reside in Connecticut, Delaware, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Florida (Broward and Dade counties) or New York.
Dogs and Cats
- Sterile, single-use syringe for accurate administration
- 100 syringes in each box
How does Insulin U-40 Syringes work?
Insulin U-40 syringes are used to accurately dose and administer Vetsulin Insulin to pets with diabetes.
Do not reuse syringes. Dispose of syringe into appropriate sharps collector.
Insulin U-40 Syringes Directions:
- After washing your hands, take the Vetsulin (porcine insulin zinc suspension) vial out of the refrigerator. Shake the vial until the insulin is uniformly milky, allowing any foam to disperse.
- Carefully remove the cap from the needle and insert the needle into the vial.
- Turn the vial upside down, making sure the tip of the needle remains in the vial.
- Withdraw the correct dose into the syringe.
- Before removing the needle from the vial, check the syringe for any air bubbles.
- If bubbles are present, hold the syringe up and tap its side until the bubbles float to the top. Push them out with the plunger and withdraw the correct dose.
- Remove the needle from the vial.
- Injection should be given under the skin, 3/4 to 2 inches from the middle of your pet's back, varying from behind the shoulder blades to the middle of the back region and alternating sides.
- Gently insert needle in center of folded skin.
- Push plunger until all of the insulin is given.
- Pull needle out and dispose of syringe into appropriate sharps collector.
If only a partial dose is given, do not attempt to re-dose. Wait and give your pet their usual dose at the next injection time.
Store at room temperature away from children and pets.
Insulin U-40 Syringes Details:
|Plastic Syringe, 29 gauge 1/2" fixed needle||Pyrogen-free|