FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats
What is the FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats?
The FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats helps you remove the loose, dead hair that collects in your cat's undercoat. That's the hair that you're likely to find all over your clothes, bed, carpet, and sofa - anywhere your cat chooses to spend time. Fortunately, there is a great tool that reduces shedding up to 90 percent-the FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats. Give your vacuum a break, and give the FURminator a try. It's recommended by professional groomers and veterinarians alike, and the manufacturer guarantees that the FURminator will reduce shedding better than any brush, rake, or comb. And the patented design allows you to remove the dull undercoat, bringing out the natural oils in your cat's skin and promoting a shiny topcoat and healthier skin. It's also easy to use! The improved design includes a handy release button so you can clean the tool as you groom without having to let go of your cat. There is a choice of a short-hair and long-hair deShedding tool, so you'll be able to purchase the product that will be most optimal for grooming your cat. There is also the FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs that works much the same way. If you've got a dog that sheds, check out the improved FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs.
- Reduces shedding up to 90%
- Helps eliminate hairballs in cats
- Easily removes your cat's undercoat and loose hair
- Quick release button helps to keep tool clean while grooming your cat
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake, or comb
- Reduces your cat's dander and hair from the surrounding environment, which can decrease allergic reactions in many people
- Available for cats with short-hair or long-hair, and in 2 sizes for small or large cats
How it works:
As you gently glide the tool through your cat's coat in the direction the hair grows, the patented deShedding edge removes dead, loose hair from the undercoat, leaving a shiny, healthier-looking top coat. The FURminator addresses short-haired or long-haired cats by offering two different sized combs.
The FURminator should never be used on fur that is tangled or matted. If you feel any resistance while using the tool, stop immediately and inspect the coat for tangles. Do not use the FURminator if your cat has any sores, cuts, bruises, abrasions, or skin conditions, as the FURminator could aggravate these conditions. Before using the FURminator on your cat, you should inspect the coat and skin for any damage, and you should never use the FURminator unless the skin and the coat are healthy.
FURminator deShedding tool for Cats
What is this product used for:
The FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats is used to remove dead, loose hair from your cat's undercoat, which promotes healthier skin and coat.
How this product should be used:
Although you can use the FURminator on a coat that isn't freshly washed, you may see better results if you shampoo and dry your cat's coat before you use the deShedding tool. However, do not use the tool until the coat is COMPLETELY dry. Using it on a wet coat could damage the coat and possibly your cat's skin.
For easy clean up, use the FURminator in an area that is easy to sweep or vacuum.
To protect your cat, be sure you thoroughly inspect your cat's coat and skin before you begin using the FURminator to make sure there are no cuts, bruises, abrasions, sores, or skin conditions on the skin or any matted areas or tangles in the fur. Because your cat's coat can hide skin conditions, make sure you inspect your cat's skin closely. DO NOT use the FURminator if your cat has any skin conditions. Instead, take your cat to a veterinarian for professional treatment. It's also important not to try to get through matted or tangled fur. To remove mats or tangles, you should take your cat to the groomer or use professional grooming tools at home.
What special precautions are there:
DO NOT use the FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats if your cat has any sores, cuts bruises, abrasions, or skin conditions, and DO NOT use if your cat's coat has tangles or matting.
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats Directions:
- Before using the FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats, inspect and remove any tangles and/or matting from your cat's coat with proper, professional grooming tools.
- Use on a clean, dry coat.
- Always start from the head and move down the body, ensuring that the blade and teeth are angled toward the coat. Comb only in the direction the coat grows, and do not use on or around sensitive areas like ears, paws, legs, and genitals.
- Using long, smooth strokes, gently and slowly glide the tool in the direction of hair growth. Keep the tool up and away from your cat's skin, touching only the coat. Do not use repeated strokes in the same area, and do not apply too much pressure on the tool as you comb, as doing so can irritate your cat's skin and cause discomfort. Cats with sensitive skin may suffer brush burns even with light combing. If you notice any redness or irritation, stop using the tool immediately, and discontinue use until you've spoken with your veterinarian about your cat's skin reactions.
- When you've finished grooming your cat, always remember to store the tool in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
For best results, use once or twice a week.
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats Dosage:
|Length of Pet's Coat||FURminator de Shedding Tool Size|
|Hair Shorter than 2"||For cats up to 10 lbs - (1.75" edge - small)|
|Hair Longer than 2"|
|Hair Shorter than 2"||For cats over 10 lbs - (2.65" edge - large)|
|Hair Longer than 2"|
|Dogs||See FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children. A cool, dry place is ideal for storage of the FURminator.
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats Details:
|Stainless steel, Plastic.|