What is Durasole?
Durasole is an aldehyde-based sole dressing formulated to harden the equine exfoliating sole and frog. It is extremely effective in enhancing the protective capabilities of those structures and does not affect the proximal sensitive sole or frog. Durasole does not contain copper naphthenate or any essential oils. Because of its unique formulation, Durasole can be used for extended periods of time on chronically thin-soled horses without fear of drying out the foot as it does not compromise the moisture balance of the foot when used as directed. Durasole creates a tough, natural, pad between your horse's sensitive sole and any hostile environment.
- Sole toughener helps keep horses sound
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Relieves sole soreness
- Helps control Thrush and White Line Disease
- Enhances the protective properties of the sole and frog
- Can be used for extended periods on chronically thin-soled horses without drying out the foot
How does Durasole work?
Durasole acts as a fixative on the exfoliating sole and insensitive frog on the solar surface of the equine hoof. It disables the intrinsic enzymes which would weaken mechanical composition of these structures, protects the structures from extrinsic damage from microorganisms in their environment, and alters the tissue of the exfoliating sole and insensitive frog at the molecular level, increasing their strength and rigidity by improving their mechanical stability and enhancing their primary function.
Durasole is formulated and intended for use only on the equine frog and sole. When applying, wear safety lenses and liquid impermeable gloves. Do not breathe vapors. Do not smoke, eat, or drink while applying. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. If spilled on skin, remove immediately with isopropyl alcohol; if splashed in eyes, flush with water and seek medical attention immediately. Keep out of reach of children. Flammable, keep away from sparks or open flames.
- Clean the foot with a hoofpick, paying careful attention to the lateral and medial sulcus of the frog, followed by vigorous wire brushing of entire solar area. For maximum effectiveness, sole and frog must be clean and dry before product is applied.
- Apply Durasole dropwise, disperse with brush (not included) until entire sole and frog are darker in color. Apply twice daily for the first week, once daily during the second week, and twice weekly thereafter.
To achieve fastest results, use a hair dryer, heat gun, or similar tool to completely dry the frog and sole.
|All weights||Apply twice daily for the first week, once daily during the second week, and twice weekly thereafter, or as directed by your veterinarian|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
|Cats||Do not use!|
Store in cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Flammable.