15% OFF FOR NEW CUSTOMERSUse code NC15 in cart (Exclusions apply)
1. We'll ask for your vet's info during checkout.
2. We verify your prescription and ship your order!
Reg. $46.07 30% off today
15% OFF with code NC15
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Sorry we have no alternatives.
Save 35% on first AutoShip with code SAVE35 (up to $20 off)
+ 5% off all future deliveries
+ 5% off all future deliveries
What is Cisapride Compounded?
Cisapride Compounded is used in dogs and cats to speed up the digestive process without increasing gastric acid. It alleviates vomiting and other issues associated with slow digestive processes. Compounding is beneficial in instances where a specific dosage is unavailable or in different forms to make it easier to dose your pet. Cisapride Compounded requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
Custom compounds add 2-3 business days to prepare and cannot be shipped to AL, DC, DE, GU, HI, ID, KS, MS, MN, MT, NC, ND, OK, SD, VI, VT, WV, or WY
Dogs & Cats
- Reduces vomiting associated with mega esophagus, or other conditions that slow the emptying of the stomach
- Used in cats for conditions such as mega esophagus, chronic constipation and megacolon
How it Works:
Cisapride Compounded stimulates the smooth muscle that lines the digestive tract to help contents move through the esophagus, stomach and the intestines
Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. Cisapride is a prescription drug and should be used according to your veterinarian's directions. It should only be given to the animal for which it was prescribed. Do not give this medication to a person.
- Give this medication to your pet exactly as your veterinarian prescribes. If you miss giving your pet a dose of cisapride, give the next dose as soon as you remember or, if it is close to the next scheduled dose, return to the regular schedule. Do not double dose in order to catch up.
- Cisapride is usually given at least 30 minutes before feeding.
- Cisapride does not cure the condition for which it is given. Treatment is generally continued for the life of the pet.
Wash your hands after giving your pet this medication.
What is a Compounded Medication?
A compounded medication is the creation of a particular medication to fit the unique needs of a patient, including changing the form of the medication (e.g., from a solid pill to a liquid) for a variety reasons (e.g., to make it easier to take, to avoid a non-essential ingredient, to obtain the exact dose needed, adding favorite flavors).
If you are having difficulty giving your pet prescribed medication or need to find a discontinued medication, 1-800-PetMeds offers compounding services on select medications. We can prepare the following: (1) custom strength quantities of a medication (as capsules, liquid, chewable tablets, or transdermal (absorbed through the skin); (2) dosage forms to mask bitter or unpleasant taste (such as capsules or chewable tablets that can also be flavored); (3) dosage forms to make it easier to dose your pet such as a transdermal or liquid (that can also be flavored); and (4) discontinued products such as cisapride or DES.