15% OFF FOR NEW CUSTOMERSUse code NC15 in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $57.13 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Catego for Cats
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Catego for Cats?
Catego for Cats is a monthly, spot-on flea and tick preventative that also kills flea eggs, flea larvae and chewing lice. This fast-acting formula kills fleas within 6 hours of application and achieves 97% efficacy within 3 hours. Catego for Cats also kills all life stages of ticks through contact, before they have a chance to bite your cat. This is important to note, as many other flea and tick preventatives only kill ticks when your pet is bitten, which can still leave your pet vulnerable to tick-borne diseases. Catego for Cats protects cats against all developmental stages of Brown dog ticks (Rhipicephalus sanguineus), American dog ticks (Dermacentor variabilis), Lone Star ticks (Amblyomma americanum), and Deer ticks (Ixodes scapularis). Therefore, it also helps protect your cat against the diseases these ticks carry, including Lyme disease, Cytauxzoonosis, Haemobartonellosis, Ehrlichiosis, Babesiosis, and Anaplasmosis. Catego for Cats is available in a 3 Pack, which contains 3 doses to protect your cat for a total of 3 months, as well as a 6 Pack, which contains 6 doses to protect your cat for a total of 6 months. Catego for Cats is easy to apply and is available without a prescription.
Cats and Kittens (weighing over 1.5 lbs, 8 weeks of age and older)
- Kills all existing fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae on your cat within 6 hours
- Achieves 97% efficacy in killing fleas within 3 hours
- Kills all life stages of Brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, and Deer ticks on contact
- Kills ticks before they have a chance to bite and infect your cat with tick-borne diseases
- Also kills chewing lice on cats
- Each application provides a full month of protection
- Easy to apply
How it Works:
Catego for Cats contains the active ingredients Dinotefuran, Fipronil, and Pyriproxyfen to quickly and effectively kill all life stages of fleas and ticks.
Your pet may experience some temporary irritation at the site of application. If signs persist or become severe within a few days of application, consult your veterinarian immediately. One application protects your cat for 30 days.
Catego for Cats (Ceva)
Dinotefuran, Fipronil, and Pyriproxyfen
What is Catego for Cats used for:
Catego for Cats provides convenient, fast-acting, and effective flea and tick control in cats and kittens. It is effective against all stages of the Brown dog ticks (Rhipicephalus sanguineus), American dog ticks (Dermacentor variabilis), Lone Star ticks (Amblyomma americanum), and Deer ticks (Ixodes scapularis). It also kills flea eggs, flea larvae, and chewing lice.
Availability of Catego for Cats:
Catego for Cats is a non-prescription (OTC) product.
How Catego for Cats should be used:
Use Catego for Cats on cats and kittens weighing 1.5 lbs or more, 8 weeks of age or older. Place the applicator tip through your cat's hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades. Apply the entire contents of the applicator in a single spot to your cat's skin, being careful to avoid superficial application to hair. Use only one applicator per treatment. A single application will protect your cat from fleas, ticks and chewing lice for 30 days.
What are the side effects of Catego for Cats:
Monitor your cat after application. Individual sensitivity, such as slight transitory redness, erythema, scratching pruritus, or other signs of discomfort at the site of application may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your cat with mild soap or shampoo and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs of individual sensitivity occur and persist, contact your veterinarian. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-800-999-0297. Have the product container or label with you when calling your veterinarian for advice.
What special precautions are there for Catego for Cats:
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: May be fatal if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco products, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC PETS: For external use only on cats and kittens weighing over 1.5 lbs and over 8 weeks of age. Do not use this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing pets or pets known to be sensitive to pesticide products without first consulting a veterinarian.
In the event of a Catego for Cats overdose:
Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room.
How should I store Catego for Cats:
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL AND CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partially filled: call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Catego for Cats Directions:
- NOTE:It is a violation of Federal law to uses this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
- Use only on cats. Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with treated areas until treatment is completely dry.
How to open:
- Separate one unit from the others..
- Cut on both dotted lines with scissors.
- Open the plastic lid.
- Remove the tube.
How to apply:
- Remove the applicator tube from the package.
- Your cat should be standing or in a comfortable position for easy application.
- Holding the applicator upright, pointing away from your face, place your thumb and index finger around the applicator tip under the large disk. With the other hand, grasp the stem of the applicator tip above the small disk. Press down firmly on the small disk until both disks meet, piercing the seal. (See illustration in the instructions enclosed with the product).
- Part the hair down to the level of the skin and slowly apply the product at the base of your cat or kitten's head until the applicator tube is completely empty, as shown in the diagram on the instructions included in the package. Avoid superficial application to your cat's hair. Do not get the product in your cat's eyes or mouth.
- Discard the empty applicator tube as outlined in the Storage and Disposal section.
- Repeat every month, or as recommended by your veterinarian.
- For optimal treatment, control and prevention of adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks and chewing lice year-round treatment is recommended.
Wait until application site is fully dry (usually 24 hours) before bathing your pet or letting your pet go swimming.
Catego for Cats Dosage:
|All weights||Apply contents of 1 applicator once a month (0.017 fl oz).|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Disposal:
Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container.If empty:Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.If partially filled:call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Catego for Cats Ingredients: