What is Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food?
Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food is an all-natural dog food formula suitable for dogs at all life stages. It may be suitable for dogs with sensitive skin and allergies, and some dog owners have found that it works well to improve their dog's sensitive skin and related allergy symptoms. Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food is made with high quality fresh lamb and lamb meal as the single protein source, with the lamb meal as the first ingredient. In addition, it is made from meats that are processed in a human grade facility. You'll also be happy to know that Canidae doesn't include corn, wheat, soy or fillers, so your dog won't be eating a lot of empty calories.
- #1 ingredient is high quality lamb meal
- All natural ingredients, including added essential vitamins and amino acid chelated minerals
- No corn, wheat or soy
- Single source protein helps minimize allergic reactions
- Fruits and vegetables provide natural sources of antioxidants
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids help maintain healthy skin and coat
- Dried chicory root helps support a healthy digestive system
- Contains skin & coat conditioners to maintain a healthy coat
- Guaranteed viable micro-organisms and enzyme activity to help break down cellulose
- Available in 2 different sizes (15 or 35 lb bags)
How it works:
Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food provides your dog with a well-balanced meal that is not only delicious, but also provides essential vitamins and antioxidants to help your dog feel healthy and energized. Added Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids also help maintain healthy skin and coat, and the food is specifically formulated for dogs with allergies and food sensitivities. It contains natural ingredients, like lamb meal and a variety of low-allergenic grains that most dogs love, even the pickiest of eaters.
- Days 1 & 2: Feed 75% previous dog food and 25% Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food.
- Days 3 & 4: Feed 50% previous dog food and 50% Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food.
- Days 5 & 6: Feed 25% previous dog food and 75% Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food.
- Day 7: Feed 100% Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food.
- In most cases slowly transitioning is not possible. If so, feed smaller portions more regularly by breaking up the daily intake to 3 to 4 feedings per day. Adding warm water to the food will also decrease the chance of your dog eating too quickly and not chewing thoroughly. Gulping a highly palatable product could cause vomiting.
- If at any time during the transition, your dog experiences gastro-intestinal upset, keep the ratio of new to old food the same for several days. This will allow your dog to adjust to the new ratio before you incorporate more of the new food. In the event you are not transitioning with your old food, withhold food for 1 day and then start re-introducing 3 to 4 feedings per day mixed with warm water. All other treats and supplements should be withheld until fully transitioned.
- You may notice a change in the appearance of your dog's stool even after the transition period. This can often be a result of a change in the amount of fiber and protein in the new diet and is normal.
Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food has been known to cause diarrhea and vomiting. Switch your dog over to this new food very slowly by following the recommendations above.
Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food
Store in a cool dry place and protect from moisture.
Canidae Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (min)||21.0%|
|Crude Fat (min)||12.50%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||4.0%|
|Linoleic Acid (Omega 6)||3.55%|
|Iron (min)||160.0 mg/kg|
|Zinc (min)||160.0 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E (min)||200 IU/kg|
|Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3)* (min)||0.50%|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (min)||50.0 mg/kg|
|Lactobacillus Acidophilus* (min)||100 million CFU/lb|
|Cellulase* (a)||100 CMCU/kg|
|Ingredients: Lamb meal, brown rice, cracked pearled barley, rice bran, peas, millet, canola oil, lamb, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed meal, potassium chloride, choline chloride, sun-cured alfalfa meal, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage extract, cranberries, beta-carotene, rosemary extract, sunflower oil, yucca schidigera extract, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, papaya, pineapple.|
|Calorie Content: Contains 457 kcal per cup|
|*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles(a) One Carboxymethyl Cellulose Unit (CMCU) liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay.|