What is Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food?
Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food is a dry dog food specially made for dogs with a little extra padding. Formulated with ingredients chosen to get your dog to a healthy weight and maintain it, this recipe provides a balanced diet to help your dog be as healthy as can be. What's even better is that Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food includes LifeSource® Bits, exclusive to Blue Buffalo Foods, which provide your dog with a precise blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants chosen by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists.
- Made specially for overweight dogs
- No chicken by-products, no corn, wheat, or soy
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- Real fruits and vegetables
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are included for healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Vitamins and chelated minerals help strengthen the immune system
- Available in 6, 15 and 30 lb bags
How it Works:
Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food contains real chicken, which provides protein along with essential amino acids your dog needs every day. Whole grains, like brown rice, barley, and oats, supply complex carbohydrates that give your dog energy. And real vegetables, including whole carrots, sweet potatoes, and peas, go into every bite. Every bag of Blue Buffalo contains small morsels called LifeSource® Bits that benefit dogs by maintaining a healthy oxidative balance and a healthy immune system throughout a dog's stages of life. LifeSource® Bits are small kibbles that contain a precise blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists. To ensure that dogs and cats get the full benefit of these vital nutrients, LifeSource® Bits are "cold-formed" to help preserve their potency. Blue Buffalo is the only pet food that uses this manufacturing breakthrough.
- Meal Frequency: Blue Buffalo suggests feeding puppies three meals per day until they are 6 months old, then switch to 2 meals per day until they are adults.
- Always have clean, fresh water available for your pet(s).
- Suggested Feeding Amounts per Day are based upon what your puppy's adult weight is anticipated to be.
- Use a standard 8-oz. measuring cup.
- Transitioning Your Dog to Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food: Start by mixing 25% of Blue Buffalo Food with your dog's previous food. Gradually increase the proportion of Blue Buffalo over the next 14 days until you are giving 100% Blue Buffalo Food.
Digestive upset caused by a diet change can sometimes be prevented by mixing some non-fat plain yogurt in with your dog's food each day during the transition. The live cultures within the yogurt will help balance the flora within the digestive system and minimize flatulence or loose stools that are sometimes associated with a diet change.
Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food
Store in a cool dry place and protect from moisture.
Blue Buffalo Healthy Weight Chicken & Brown Rice Adult Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (min)||20.0%|
|Crude Fat (min)||6.0%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||7.0%|
|L-Carnitine* (min)||100 mg/kg|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids* (min)||0.2%|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids* (min)||2.5%|
|Glucosamine* (min)||400 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate* (min)||300 mg/kg|
|Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Whole Ground Brown Rice, Whole Ground Barley, Oatmeal, Chicken Meal, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Rye, Rice Bran, Natural Chicken Flavor, Whole Potatoes, Peas, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Cranberries, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Garlic, Alfalfa Meal, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Turmeric, Sunflower Oil (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Dried Chicory Root, Oil of Rosemary, Beta Carotene, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Salt, Caramel, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae), Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product.|
|Calorie Content (ME calculated, as fed):3,290 Kcals/kg, 415 Kcals/cup|