What is Blue Buffalo Basics Large Breed Dry Dog Food?
Blue Buffalo Basics Large Breed Dry Dog Food is a dry dog food for adult dogs that is carefully designed with a limited list of ingredients for dogs with food sensitivities, with high quality protein, turkey, as the first ingredient. It contains no poultry by products, or corn, wheat, dairy, soy or eggs. It does contain a blend of vegetables, fruits, and micronutrients, as well as an optimal blend of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids, to help maintain the immune system to help support skin and coat health. Other benefits include the addition of glucosamine and chondroitin to help support healthy joint function and overall mobility, L-Carnitine to help promote lean muscle development, and an optimal blend of calcium and essential vitamins to help keep bones strong.
- Provides a high-quality source of protein from real meat, which promotes healthy muscle development
- Provides a healthy source of carbohydrates from oatmeal, potatoes, and brown rice for easy digestion
- Supports the immune system and promotes healthy skin and a shiny coat with a blend of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Provides a tasty blend of fruits and vegetables for balanced nutrition
- Contains LifeSource Bits, which provide your dog with a healthy balance of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for optimal health
- Contains no by-product meal, artificial ingredients, or fillers, such as corn, wheat, soy, dairy, or eggs
How it Works:
Blue Buffalo Basics Large Breed Dry Dog Food is a healthy dog food formulated to provide your large-breed dog with the additional nutrients required to support joint and muscle health, as well as the added energy requirements needed to support your pet's larger size. It provides a healthy blend of glucosamine, chondroitin, and calcium to support healthy joints, strong teeth, and strong bones, and a high-quality source of protein for lean muscle development.
It is very important to ensure that you feed your large-breed dog the correct amount of adult dog food each day based on the recommended daily feeding chart or in the amount advised by your veterinarian. Underfeeding can lead to serious malnutrition issues, and overfeeding can lead to obesity and other health problems, especially in large breeds prone to bone and joint conditions due to their large size.
- Divide your dog's daily food intake into two separate meals for better digestion and more even distribution of nutrients throughout the day.
- Measure the correct amount of food for your dog based on the recommended daily feeding chart.
- Place food into a clean bowl.
- Serve dry, or add a small amount of water and mix thoroughly.
- Be sure to keep a clean, fresh supply of water available to your dog at all times.
Treat your dog to a little gravy by adding a small amount of warm water to the dry food and mixing thoroughly. It will enhance the flavor and aroma, providing your dog with a pleasant dining experience.
Blue Buffalo Basics Large Breed Dry Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (min)||24.0%|
|Crude Fat (min)||24.0%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||5.0%|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids* (min)||0.9%|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids* (min)||2.0%|
|L-Carnitine* (min)||100 mg/kg|
|Glucosamine (min)||400 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin* (min)||300 mg/kg|
|Ingredients: Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Whole Ground Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Peas, Potatoes, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Natural Turkey Flavor, Canola Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Whole Carrots, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Alfalfa Meal, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Turmeric, Oil of Rosemary, Dried Chicory Root, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Salt, Caramel, Potassium Chloride, Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae), Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product.|
|*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by AAFCO Pet Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Nutrition Statement:BLUE Large Breed Turkey and Potato Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.|
|Calorie Content (ME Calculated, as fed):3,425 Kcals/kg, 363 Kcals/cup|
Store the Blue Buffalo Basics Large Breed Dry Dog Food at room temperature, tightly sealed in its original packaging or in an airtight container to keep it fresh and protected from moisture.