SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $47.93 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Dogs
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is the FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs?
The FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs reduces shedding by up to 90 percent by removing the loose, dead undercoat without damaging the topcoat. The FURminator brings out your pet's natural oils, promoting healthier skin and a shiny topcoat. We also have available a dog FURminator deShedding tool.
- Reduces shedding up to 90%
- Quickly and easily removes undercoat and loose hair
- Quick release button helps to keep tool clean while grooming your dog
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake, or comb
- Reduces airborne allergens, decreasing allergic reactions in many people
- Used and recommended by veterinarians and professional groomers worldwide
- Available for small, medium and large dogs with short-hair or long-hair
How does the FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs work?
Gently pull the tool through your dog's coat in the direction the hair grows, the deShedding edge gently removes the loose hair and undercoat. The FURminator is available for small, medium, and large dogs, and offers two different sized combs to address short-hair or long-hair pets.
DO NOT use the FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs if your dog has any sores, cuts bruises, abrasions, or skin conditions, and DO NOT use if your dog's coat has tangles or matting.
FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs Directions:
- Before using the FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs, inspect and remove any tangles and/or matting from your dog's coat with proper professional grooming tools.
- Use on a clean, dry coat.
- Always start from the head and move down the body, ensuring that the blade and teeth are angled toward the coat. Comb only in the direction the coat grows, and do not use on or around sensitive areas like ears, paws, legs, and genitals.
- Gently and slowly glide the tool, using long, smooth strokes in the direction of hair growth. Keep the tool up and away from your dog's skin, touching only the coat. Do not use repeated strokes in the same area, and do not apply too much pressure on the tool as you comb, as doing so can irritate your dog's skin and cause discomfort. Dogs with sensitive skin may suffer brush burns even with light combing. If you notice any redness or irritation, stop using the tool immediately, and discontinue use until you've spoken with your veterinarian about your dog's skin reactions.
- When you've finished grooming your dog, always remember to store the tool in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
For best results, use once or twice a week.
FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs Sizing:
|Pet Size||FURminator de Shedding Tool Size|
|Under 10 pounds||Small|
|10 - 50 pounds||Medium|
|Over 50 pounds||Large|
How do I take care of undercoat deShedding tools?
- Brush your pet before using the undercoat deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth, as well as feel uncomfortable for the pet.
- Be careful not to drop or place the undercoat deShedding tool where it can fall, as it may result in damage to the tool’s teeth
- The deShedding edge can be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap if necessary. Cleaning can reduce the feeling of a dull edge by reducing dander collection on the teeth of the deShedding edge. Dry the undercoat deShedding tool completely before storing.
- The FURminator undercoat deShedding tool has an Edge Guard around the deShedding edge, so the tool does not require a cap when stored. Simply press down the FURejector® button and pull towards you to lock the Edge Guard into place, protecting the deShedding edge.
FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs Materials:
|Stainless steel, Plastic.|