SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $45.50 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Cats
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is the FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Cats?
If you live with pets, you live with pet hair. FURminator® grooming solutions reduces loose hair from shedding up to 90% with regular use. For best results, deShed weekly to remove the undercoat and reduce shed hair. Use with other FURminator® grooming products as part of a complete regimen.
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat without damaging topcoat or cutting skin when used as directed
- Releases hair with ease, making deShedding easier than ever
- Curved edge glides over skin, preventing digging in at edges, and conforms to your pet’s natural build and shape for comfort
- Designed for comfortable, easy grooming
How does the FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Cats work:
The FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool is specially designed to reach through the topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat without damaging the coat or cutting the skin.* The curved edge glides over your cat’s skin, preventing digging in at edges, and conforms to your pet’s natural build and shape for comfort. The ergonomic handle makes grooming easy, and the FURejector® button releases hair with ease.
DO NOT use the FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool if your dog has any sores, cuts bruises, abrasions, or skin conditions, and DO NOT use if your dog's coat has tangles or matting.
FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Cats Directions:
- Before using the FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Cats, inspect and remove any tangles and/or matting from your cat's coat with proper, professional grooming tools.
- Use on a clean, dry coat.
- Always start from the head and move down the body, ensuring that the blade and teeth are angled toward the coat. Comb only in the direction the coat grows, and do not use on or around sensitive areas like ears, paws, legs, and genitals.
- Using long, smooth strokes, gently and slowly glide the tool in the direction of hair growth. Keep the tool up and away from your cat's skin, touching only the coat. Do not use repeated strokes in the same area, and do not apply too much pressure on the tool as you comb, as doing so can irritate your cat's skin and cause discomfort. Cats with sensitive skin may suffer brush burns even with light combing. If you notice any redness or irritation, stop using the tool immediately, and discontinue use until you've spoken with your veterinarian about your cat's skin reactions.
- When you've finished grooming your cat, always remember to store the tool in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
Unlike brushing and combing, deShedding is done to remove the loose, dead undercoat from the pet without cutting or damaging the topcoat when used as directed. Undercoat deshedding reduces the shed hair in all pets and also can help reduce hairball formation in cats.
FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Cats Sizing:
|Pet Size||FURminator de Shedding Tool Size|
|Under 10 pounds||Small|
|Over 10 pounds||Medium/Large|
How do I take care of undercoat deShedding tools?
- Brush your pet before using the undercoat deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth, as well as feel uncomfortable for the pet.
- Be careful not to drop or place the undercoat deShedding tool where it can fall, as it may result in damage to the tool’s teeth
- The deShedding edge can be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap if necessary. Cleaning can reduce the feeling of a dull edge by reducing dander collection on the teeth of the deShedding edge. Dry the undercoat deShedding tool completely before storing.
- The FURminator undercoat deShedding tool has an Edge Guard around the deShedding edge, so the tool does not require a cap when stored. Simply press down the FURejector® button and pull towards you to lock the Edge Guard into place, protecting the deShedding edge.
FURminator Undercoat deShedding Tool for Long Hair Cats Details:
|Stainless steel, Plastic.|