Use code BF25 on select products
What is Safe-Guard Equine Dewormer Paste?
Safe-Guard Equine Paste Dewormer is an effective dewormer for horses. It controls large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris), encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, small strongyles, pinworms (Oxyuris equi), ascarids (Parascaris equorum), and arteritis caused by fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris in horses. It's safe for foals and pregnant mares, older horses, thin and underweight horses, miniature horses, the environment and for use around other farm animals and pets.
- Controls large and small strongyles (including migrating larvae), pinworms and ascarids (roundworms)
- Kills both larvae and adult parasites
- Tasty, apple cinnamon-flavored paste
How does Safe-Guard Equine Dewormer Paste work?
Each gram of Safe-Guard Equine Paste Dewormer contains 100 mg of fenbendazole. The antiparasitic action of Safe-Guard Equine Paste Dewormer is believed to be due to the inhibition of energy metabolism in the parasite.
Side effects associated with Safe-Guard Equine Paste Dewormer could not be established in well-controlled safety studies in horses with single doses as high as 454 mg/lb (1,000 mg/kg) and 15 consecutive daily doses of 22.7 mg/lb (50 mg/kg). Particularly with higher doses, the lethal action of fenbendazole may cause the release of antigens by the dying parasites. This phenomenon may result in either a local or systemic hypersensitive reaction. As with any drug, these reactions should be treated symptomatically. Safe-Guard Equine Paste Dewormer has been evaluated for safety in pregnant mares during all stages of gestation and in stallions with doses as high as 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg). No adverse effects on reproductivity were detected. The recommended dose for control of 4th stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris, 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg) daily for 5 consecutive days, has not been evaluated for safety in stallions or pregnant mares.
Safe-Guard Equine Dewormer Paste Directions:
- Give Safe-Guard Equine Dewormer Paste by the mouth.
- Remove syringe tip.
- Turn the dial ring until the edge of the ring nearest the tip lines up with zero.
- Depress plunger to advance paste to tip.
- Now set the dial ring at the graduation nearest the weight of your horse (do not underdose).
- Insert the nozzle of the syringe in between your horse's teeth and deposit the paste on the back of the tongue by depressing the plunger.
- Safe-Guard Equine Dewormer Paste is administered orally at a rate of 2.3 mg/lb (5 mg/kg) for the control of large strongyles, small strongyles, and pinworms. One 25 gram syringe will deworm a 1,100 lb horse. One 92 gram syringe will deworm eight 500 lb horses. For foals and weanlings (less than 18 months of age) where ascarids are a common problem, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg); one 25 gram syringe will deworm a 550 lb horse.
- For control of encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, and fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg) daily for 5 consecutive days; administer one 25 gram syringe for each 550 lbs body weight per day.
Make sure your horse's mouth is free of food.
Safe-Guard Equine Dewormer Paste Dosage:
|All weights||Administer the appropriate dosage as mentioned above corresponding with your horse's weight or as directed by your veterinarian.|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
Store at or below room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Safe-Guard Equine Dewormer Paste Ingredients:
|Active Ingredient (per gm)||Amount|