What is Nemex-2 Dewormer for Dogs?
Nemex-2 Dewormer for Dogs is an anthelmintic suspension that is intended as a single treatment for removal of large roundworms (Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina) and hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum and Uncinaria stenocephala) in dogs and puppies. It may also be used to prevent the reinfestation of large roundworms in adult dogs, puppies, and lactating dogs after whelping.
- Excellent palatability, caramel-flavored liquid tastes great and is easy to give
- Treats large roundworms and hookworms in dogs and puppies
- Also prevents reinfestation of large roundworms in adult dogs, puppies, and lactating dogs after whelping.
How does Nemex-2 Dewormer for Dogs work?
Nemex-2 Dewormer for Dogs contains the active ingredient pyrantel pamoate, which aids in the removal of large roundworms and hookworms.
This product is a suspension and as such will separate. To ensure uniform resuspension and to achieve proper dosage, it is extremely important that the product be shaken thoroughly before every use.
Nemex-2 Dewormer for Dogs Directions:
- To ensure uniform resuspension and to achieve proper dosage, it is extremely important that the product be shaken thoroughly before every use.
- Administer 1 teaspoon (5 mL) for each 10 lb of body weight.
- It is not necessary to withhold food prior to or after treatment. Dogs usually find this dewormer very palatable and will lick the dose from the bowl willingly. It is recommended that dogs maintained under conditions of constant exposure to worm infestation should have a followup fecal exam within 2-4 weeks after treatment.
- For maximum control and prevention of reinfestation, it is recommended that puppies be treated at 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 10 weeks of age.
- Lactating dogs should be treated 2-3 weeks after whelping.
- Adult dogs kept in heavily contaminated quarters may be treated at monthly intervals to prevent T. canis reinfestation.
If there is reluctance to accept the dose, mix in a small quantity of dog food to encourage consumption.
Nemex-2 Dewormer for Dogs Dosage:
|All weights||Administer 1 teaspoon (5 ml) for each 10 lbs of body weight or as directed by your veterinarian|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store at or below room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Nemex-2 Dewormer for Dogs Ingredients:
|Active Ingredients (per ml)||Amount|
|Pyrantel pamoate||4.54 mg|