What is the FURminator Nail Grinder?
The FURminator Nail Grinder is a convenient, stress-free tool to trim your pet's nails quickly and painlessly. The rotating grinding band smooths and shapes nails without leaving sharp edges, as is common with traditional nail clippers. The easy-grip handle gives you good control during the grooming process and the anti-microbial plastic casing helps prevent spread of germs and bacteria. Pets require nail trimming on a regular basis, usually every 3 to 4 weeks. Untrimmed nails can cause your dog or cat great discomfort, including sore feet, legs and hips, as walking on long nails can be a painful experience and may affect natural gait. Keep your pet's nails salon perfect with the FURminator Nail Grinder.
NOTE: FURminator Nail Grinder Replacement Grinding Bands are also available in a pack of 6, sold separately.
Dogs and Cats
- Anti-microbial plastic helps keep germs and bacteria to a minimum
- 2-Speed cordless grinder is lightweight, compact and easy to handle
- LED light illuminates the nail for easier and safer trimming.
- Features an easy-grip handle for safe, secure trimming
- Cordless design makes it easy to maneuver
- Plastic safety shield helps guide your pet's nails and helps prevent injury
- Operates for 100+ hours on 4 AA alkaline batteries (included)
- Includes two grinding bands
- Replacement grinding bands in a pack of 6 are also available, sold separately
How it works:
The FURminator Nail Grinder has a 2-speed motor that spins the grinding band at just the right speed to shape and trim your pet's nails to the desired length. The clear plastic safety shield helps guide trimming and allows you to see how much you are trimming. The cordless design with special easy-grip handle aids in maneuverability, while the anti-microbial plastic casing helps prevent spread of germs and bacteria. The FURminator Nail Grinder runs on 4 AA batteries, which are included. Replacement grinding bands are also available, sold separately.
As with all pet nail grooming tools, care must be taken not to damage the quick of the nail, which is the pink area that contains the blood vessels and nerves. Use as directed. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Holding your pet's paw in a comfortable position, turn on the FURminator Nail Grinder and place the nail in the safety hole, gently adding pressure to grind the nail down.
- Using the LED light, you can see where the pink is in the nail (the quick). Use caution not to grind the nail too close to the quick, as this may cause pain and/or bleeding.
- Gently shape the nail to the desired length.
- Make sure the FURminator Nail Grinder is off and remove the batteries prior to opening the clear protective cover.
- Gently pull the clear protective cover off.
- Holding the Grinding Band between your fingers firmly, loosen the single screw on top of the Grinding Band by turning the screw counter-clockwise with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Remove the old Grinding Band and replace with a new one.
- Insert and tighten the screw on top of the Grinding Band. Do not over-tighten.
- Place the clear protective cover back on and reinsert the batteries
It may be helpful to let your pet get comfortable with the FURminator Nail Grinder prior to first use. Most pets need their nails trimmed every 3-4 weeks. Replace the Grinding Band when it appears worn or when it becomes more difficult to file your pet's nails.
FURminator Nail Grinder Details:
|FURminator Nail Grinder unit, 2 Grinding Bands, 4 AA batteries.|
|Six (6) 120-grit Replacement Grinding Bands for use with the FURminator Nail Grinder.|