What is Dogtra Dog Training Collar with Remote?
The Dogtra Dog Training Collar with Remote provides stimulation and vibration obedience training at a range of 400 yards. The collar and remote offer 3 correction options - the "Nick" button transmits a single, quick pulse that lasts a fraction of a second. The "Constant" button administers steady stimulation for as long as the button is held with a maximum of 12 seconds. The "Pager" button provides non-stimulating vibration correction. The unit fits neck sizes up to 18 inches and is suitable for small to medium breeds. The collar and receiver are waterproof and includes rechargeable batteries with a tri-color LED battery life indicator. The ergonomic remote is water-resistant.
- 400-yard range remote obedience collar
- 3 stimulation types
How it Works:
The Dogtra Dog Training Collar with Remote transmits a correction at the intensity level of your choice through the collar's contact points to your dog's skin within a 400-yard range. The collar features over 3000 unique identity codes to prevent interference with other collars.
For use on dogs only. Avoid having your dog wear the collar with the contact points in the same place for more than two hours at a time.
Dogtra Dog Training Collar with Remote Directions:
For in-depth usage details, please read theDogtra Dog Training Collar with Remotemanual.
- Activating the collar:Place the red dot on the back of the transmitter to the red dot on the collar receiver. Hold the two red dots together for a moment until the LED indicator light comes on. To deactivate the collar, repeat the same procedure holding the two red dots together momentarily. The LED light will stop blinking, indicating that the unit is now shut off. To attain maximum battery life, deactivate the unit when not in use.
- Fitting the collar:The collar strap should be adjusted so that the contact points are held firmly against the dog's skin. If the collar is too loose, irritation may result from the contact points rubbing against the skin. If the dog has a heavy coat, move the receiver up and down to work the contact points down into the coat.
- Intensity selection:Begin training on the zero (0) setting and gradually increase the level until your dog's response is equivalent to a quick pull or jerk with a leash. Adjust the intensity level up or down as your dog's attitude changes, especially during times of increased excitement or distraction. Prolonged use of the pager (12 seconds or longer) will drain the batteries more quickly.
- The collar has a range of 400+ yards. Depending on the way you use your transmitter, the transmitting range may vary. Hold the transmitter pointed up and away from your body and avoid touching the antenna to get the greatest range.
- Avoid having your dog wear the collar with the contact points in the same place for more than two hours at a time. Extended wear without moving contact points may cause skin irritation.
- Refer to manual for detailed testing and charging instructions.
It is not recommended to use on dogs that are aggressive towards other dogs or people. In many cases, and aggressive dog will associate the stimulation with the other dog or individual and become even more aggressive. Dog aggression is best treated by a dog training specialist.