SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) Oral Suspension
1. We'll ask for your vet's info during checkout.
2. We verify your prescription and ship your order!
Reg. $14.17 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) Oral Suspension
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is BIOMOX Oral Suspension?
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) Oral Suspension is a semisynthetic, broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat a wide array of susceptible bacterial infections in dogs. BIOMOX Oral Suspension requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
It is often prescribed to treat bite wounds, bacterial dermatitis, dental infections, and infections of the respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract and urinary tract.
- Useful in the treatment of a wide array of bacterial infections
- Used to treat bite wounds, bacterial dermatitis, dental infections
- Also used in the treatment of infections of the respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract and urinary tract
- Easy-to-administer, tasty cherry-flavored oral suspension
How it works:
BIOMOX Oral Suspension works by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell walls.
For use in dogs only. The use of amoxicillin is contraindicated in dogs with a history of an allergic reaction to penicillin. Amoxicillin is a semisynthetic penicillin and, therefore, has the potential for producing allergic reactions. Epinephrine and/or steroids should be administered if an allergic reaction occurs. BIOMOX (amoxicillin) Oral Suspension should not be used in pregnant or breeding pets. Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
What is the most important information I should know about BIOMOX (amoxicillin):
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) has bactericidal activity against susceptible organisms similar to that of ampicillin. It acts by inhibiting the biosynthesis of bacterial wall mucopeptides. Most strains of the following gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria have demonstrated susceptibility to amoxicillin, both in vitro and in vivo: nonpenicillinase-producing staphylococci, alpha- and beta-hemolytic streptococci, Streptococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis. Amoxicillin does not resist destruction by penicillinase; therefore, it is not effective against penicillinase-producing bacteria, particularly resistant staphylococci. Most strains of Enterobacter and Klebsiella and all strains of Pseudomonas are resistant.
What is BIOMOX (amoxicillin):
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) is a broad-spectrum, semisynthetic antibiotic which provides bactericidal activity against a wide range of common gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens. Amoxicillin chemically is D-(-)a-amino-p-hydroxybenzyl penicillin trihydrate.
How is BIOMOX (amoxicillin) available:
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) Oral Suspension is supplied in bottles containing 0.75 g of amoxicillin activity in bottles of 15 mL or 1.5 g of amoxicillin activity in bottles of 30 mL. After reconstitution with the required amount of water, each mL will contain 50 mg of amoxicillin as the trihydrate.
Indications for use:
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) for oral suspension is indicated in the treatment of the following infections in dogs when caused by susceptible strains of organisms: BACTERIAL DERMATITIS due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., and E. coli. SOFT TISSUE INFECTIONS (abscesses, wounds, lacerations) due to due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp., E. coli, Proteus mirabilis and Staphylococcus spp. As is true with all antibiotic therapy, appropriate in vitro cultures and sensitivities should be conducted prior to treatment.
What should I discuss with my veterinarian before giving BIOMOX (amoxicillin) to my pet:
Tell your veterinarian if your pet has ever had an allergic reaction to another penicillin or to a cephalosporin. Tell your veterinarian if your pet has kidney disease, or stomach or intestinal disease.
How should this medication be given:
Give this medication exactly as directed by your veterinarian. The usual dosage of BIOMOX (amoxicillin) is 5 mg per pound of body weight, administered twice daily for 5 to 7 days. Continue for 48 hours after all symptoms have subsided. BIOMOX (amoxicillin) can be given with or without food. Amoxicillin may be given without regard to meals because it is stable in gastric acid. It is rapidly absorbed following oral administration and diffuses readily into most body fluids and tissues. It diffuses poorly into the brain and spinal fluid except when the meninges are inflamed. Most of the amoxicillin is excreted in the urine unchanged. Symptoms may improve before the infection is completely treated. Store the drops in the refrigerator and discard any unused drops after 14 days.
What happens if I overdose my pet:
Seek emergency veterinary medical treatment if an overdose is suspected.
What are the possible adverse reactions to BIOMOX (amoxicillin):
BIOMOX (amoxicillin) is a semisynthetic penicillin and, therefore, has the potential for producing allergic reactions. Epinephrine and/or steroids should be administered if an allergic reaction occurs.
What other drugs will affect BIOMOX (amoxicillin):
Before giving BIOMOX (amoxicillin), tell your veterinarian if your pet is being given any other medications. Talk to your veterinarian or pharmacist before giving any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products.
Where can I get more information:
Your pharmacist has additional information about amoxicillin written for health professionals that you may read.
Call your veterinarian for medical advice about any side effects to your pet. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
BIOMOX Oral Suspension Directions:
- Add 11 mL of water to the 15 mL bottle or 21 mL of water to the 30 mL bottle (see diagram on product packaging) and shake vigorously.
- Administer to your pet orally in the appropriate dosage according to the chart below.
- Shake well before using. Keep bottle tightly closed.
- When stored at room temperature or in refrigerator, discard unused portion of reconstituted suspension after 14 days.
BIOMOX Oral Suspension Dosage:
|All weights||Give 5 mg per pound of body weight. Administer twice a day for 5 to 7 days. Continue for 48 hours after all symptoms have subsided.|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store at controlled room temperature not to exceed 77° F.
BIOMOX Oral Suspension Ingredients:
|Other Ingredients: Cherry Flavor, Silicon Dioxide NF, FD&C Red #40, Polyoxyethylene-Polyoxypropylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin, and Sucrose.|