Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate
Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate
What is Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate?
The Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate is a gate to protect pets from the hazards of heat or flames from fireplaces, barbeques, or wood stoves. It is made of tubular steel with a non-toxic, heat-resistant black coating. It has five interlocking sections that can be angled or set in a straight line as needed. There is also a walk-through door that swings in either direction with a single one-hand release. For wider layouts, you may purchase Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate extensions available in 9" or 24" sections.
Dogs and Cats
- Keeps pets safe from heat and potentially dangerous areas
- Fits hearths 6' wide by 2' deep
- Gate door features an easy one-hand release
- Extension pieces are available in 9" or 24" sections
How it Works:
The Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate adds length to the Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate which acts as a barrier to protect your pet from heat or flames from fireplaces, barbeques, or wood stoves.
At 20 away from the source of heat/fire, the gate could reach a temperature of 130°. Since every fireplace/wood burning stove, barbeque grill reaches different temperatures, test your unit at maximum heat output. If gate is hot to touch, move gate further from heat source than recommended 20".
Before attempting to assemble your pet gate, please read instructions entirely and thoroughly.
Unpacking the Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate
- Unpack your folded Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate on a stable surface, making sure handle is on top. Each corner is connected by plastic, interlocking hinges.
- How to adjust the sections: A spring is fitted in all cones which deliberately creates tension when adjusting. At corner, lift up slightly on section with hinge teeth facing down while gently pressing down on connected section. Rotate sections to desired position. Release to lock into place. Note: Each hinge adjusts from 0° to 270° in 10° increments.
- Position the HearthGate Pet Gate to your desired shape, taking into account recommended 20" minimum distance. It may be necessary to remove or add section/s to gate to fit your application.
Assembling the Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate (Removing Sections)
- At the juncture of every section is a removable, vertical bar. To remove vertical bar, lift up on bar, while sliding it out of lower hinge groove. Pull bar down and out of cone. Lift off end section.
- Depending on number of sections removed, you will end up with one of two configurations at the end of gate (please see diagram 8 or 9 in the product instructions included in your package).
- Remove hinge cap from bottom of original end section. A screwdriver may be used to help pry it off.
- Place cap over top hinge on what is now the end piece. Place spare hinge cover over bottom hinge.
- Reinstall a removable, vertical bar. Insert bar by pressing it into upper hinge cone, while sliding bar into groove of lower hinge. Spring in cone will make bar lock in place. Proceed to "Installation" instructions.
Assembling the Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate (Adding Sections)
- Remove vertical bar from optional section.
- Position optional section with cone hinge at top. Align cone hinge underneath top hinge on end section. When the center of both hinges are aligned, top and bottom, they will fall together. Insert removable bar (see step 10). If adding more than one section, repeat the process.
- Reattaching end sections: Align top cone corner of one section with the top hinge of the end section. When the center of both hinges are aligned, top and bottom, they will fall together. Insert removable bar. Proceed to "Installation" instructions.
Installing the Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate:
- Installing the wall mounts: Fold wall cover around vertical bar at end of gate.
- Insert the lock fitting.
- Insert 3 wall cover screws through oblong holes in top, middle and bottom of assembly. Note: Loosely screw on nuts, but do not tighten at this time.
- Fasten wall plate onto assembly.
- Center buttons of assembly with wall plate holes. When aligned, push buttons through holes and slide down to lock.
- Move HearthGate Pet Gate to desired location. Warning: A distance of a minimum of 20" from source of heat/fire to gate is recommended. If this is not possible with sections included, optional 9" or 24" sections are available.
- Slide the assembly as close to cone as possible. With a pencil, outline assembly on mounting surface.
- Remove wall plate from assembly by pressing locking tab and lifting it off.
- Note: Screws provided are for mounting directly into wood. If mounting into brick, drywall or other surfaces, use appropriate hardware.
- Hold wall plate inside outline and screw in 3 wood screws. Space screws evenly. There are multiple holes in wall plate giving many screw location options. Reattach assembly to wall plate.
- Tighten 3 sets of assembly screws and nuts. Now you are ready to mo
Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate Details:
|72" W x 24" D x 29.5" H||Dogs and Cats|
|Auto Close HearthGate Pet Gate fits hearths 6' wide by 2' deep. AdditionalAuto Close HearthGate Pet Gate extensionsare available in 9" or 24" sections.|