What is Potassium Citrate?
K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules are a dietary supplement to help maintain normal urinary pH in cats and dogs. The micro-encapsulated potassium citrate granules help promote an alkaline urine, making it less acidic. Calcium oxalate stone formation is less likely in an alkaline environment. This effective formula contains real Cranberry Extract along with natural chicken flavor that appeals to cats and dogs alike. K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules easily mix with your pet's favorite food so you can adjust the amount to suit his or her individual needs.
Cats and Dogs
- Help maintain normal urinary pH
- Contains Cranberry Extract
- Creates an environment that makes it difficult for calcium oxalate stones to form
- Tasty natural chicken flavor base makes it easy to give your pet
- Easily mixes with your pet's food
- No serious side effects have been reported
- Scoop included for easy administration
How do K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules work?
K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules help maintain normal urinary function in cases where calcium oxalate stones are an issue. K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules will not dissolve existing calcium oxalate stones, nor does it prevent the formation of new stones. Supplementation with K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules help to create an alkaline urine. Calcium oxalate stones have difficulty forming in an alkaline environment.
Store this product at room temperature 59°-86°F (15°-30°C). Use only as directed by a veterinarian. Always consult with a veterinarian before use. Do not administer in cases where high potassium levels may be encountered, such as severe renal insufficiency or adrenal insufficiency. Discontinue use if stomach upset occurs. For use in pets only. Not for human use. Keep this and all other medication out of the reach of children.
Potassium Citrate Directions:
- K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules helps maintain normal urinary function in cases where calcium oxalate stones are an issue.
- K-CIT-V Plus Cranberry Potassium Citrate Granules should be given with food.
- Amount and frequency may be adjusted to maintain a urine pH between 7.0 and 7.5.
- Measure out the necessary dosage and add to your pet's food as directed by your veterinarian.
- Mixing well with food may help facilitate complete consumption.
Do not exceed the recommended dose. A 5-gram scoop is enclosed in the container for accurate dosing.
Potassium Citrate Dosage:
|All weights||Give 1 scoop (5 grams) once daily, or as directed by your veterinarian.|
|All weights||Give 1 scoop (5 grams) for each 10 lbs of pet's body weight twice daily, or as directed by your veterinarian. Do not exceed 6 scoops (30 grams) per day.|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store this product at room temperature 59-86F (15-30C).
Potassium Citrate Ingredients:
|Active Ingredients (per 5-gram scoop)||Amount|
|Potassium Citrate (micro-encapsulated)||320 mg|
|Cranberry Extract||115 mg|
|Essential Fatty Acids||423 mg|
|Other Ingredients:Vegetable fiber, Natural Chicken Flavor, Whey Powder, Sucrose, Calcium Phosphate, Vegetable Oil, Marine Lipid Concentrates, Choline Chloride, Silicon Dioxide, Preservative (TBHQ).|