SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $35.70 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Shih Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Shih Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food?
Royal Canin knows what makes your Shih Tzu magnificent is in the details. Also known as a Chrysanthemum dog, Shih Tzus are big-eyed, fluffy show dogs ready to win anyone over. These pampered pooches can benefit from precise nutrition from a food that’s easy to eat, helps keep their long coats shiny and soft, and aids digestion to reduce stool odor.
Dogs (10 months and older)
- FORMULATED FOR PUREBRED SHIH TZUS: Royal Canin Shih Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Shih Tzus 10 months and older
- SPECIALIZED KIBBLE: Unique kibble shape is designed for a small breed’s short muzzle and underbite
- SKIN SUPPORT: Promotes healthy skin and coat with an exclusive complex of nutrients including EPA, DHA, and vitamin A
- COAT HEALTH: A combination of omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, and biotin maintains a healthy coat
- OPTIMAL STOOL: Highly digestible proteins, precise fiber content, and high-quality carbohydrate sources help reduce amount of stools and stool odor
How does Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Shih Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food work?
Royal Canin Shih Tzu Adult dog food is tailor-made nutrition created just for your pure breed Shih Tzu. This exclusive breed-specific diet is uniquely formulated for your Shih Tzu with specific nutrients to help them thrive. The unique kibble shape and texture are specially designed for your small breed Shih Tzu’s short muzzle and underbite, making it easy for them to pick up and chew. An exclusive complex of nutrients reinforces the skin barrier to maintain your Shih Tzu’s skin health. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and biotin give long coats softness and shine. And a combination of highly digestible proteins, precise fiber content, and high-quality carbohydrate sources supports healthy digestion to help reduce stool volume. Mix in or complement with Royal Canin Shih Tzu Adult wet dog food for a meal that’s sure to please your lovable lap dog.
How should I store this product?
Store in a cool, dry place.
Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Shih Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food Directions:
- The below feeding chart should only be used as a guide.
- Optimal feeding amounts may vary according to your dog's temperament, activity level, and environment.
- Please contact your veterinarian if you have any questions about your pet's health.
- Transition Instructions: To ensure a smooth adjustment to your pet's new food, Royal Canin recommends a gradual 7-day transition process. Start by mixing 75% of their old diet with 25% of the new diet on Day 1 and Day 2. On Day 3 and Day 4, mix 50% of the old diet with 50% of the new diet. On Day 5 and Day 6, mix 25% of the old diet with 75% of the new diet. On the 7th day, you can feed the new food exclusively. This allows your pet’s digestive system to smoothly adapt to the new food.
Find the perfect balance with a dry and wet feeding routine! Dry food helps support your dogs oral health and wet food supports healthy hydration!
Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Shih Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food Dosage:
|Weight of Dog||Low Activity||Medium Activity||High Activity|
|8 lbs||3/4 cup||7/8 cup||1 cup|
|11 lbs||7/8 cup||1 cup||1 1/8 cups|
|13 lbs||1 cup||1 1/8 cups||1 1/4 cups|
|15 lbs||1 1/8 cups||1 1/4 cups||1 1/2 cups|
Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Shih Tzu Adult Dry Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (min.)||22.0%|
|Crude Fat (min.)||18.0%|
|Crude Fiber (max.)||4.7%|
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) (min.)||0.13%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (min.)||0.05%|
|Vitamin A (min.)||18,900 IU/kg|
|Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.)||2.57%|
|Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.)||0.43%|
|Biotin* (min.)||1.6 mg/kg|
|Glucosamine* (min.)||371 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin sulfate* (min.)||4 mg/kg.|
|Dietary Note||*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Calorie Content||This diet contains 3898 kilocalories of metabolizable energy (ME) per kilogram or 355 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis (calculated).|
|Ingredients: Brewers rice, brown rice, chicken by-product meal, chicken fat, oat groats, wheat gluten, natural flavors, dried plain beet pulp, powdered cellulose, fish oil, vegetable oil, sodium silico aluminate, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, fructooligosaccharides, sodium tripolyphosphate, vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), niacin supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), D-calcium pantothenate, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin A acetate, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], L-tyrosine, choline chloride, salt, L-lysine, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta L.), trace minerals [zinc proteinate, zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, copper proteinate], glucosamine hydrochloride, GLA safflower oil, taurine, magnesium oxide, green tea extract, L-carnitine, chondroitin sulfate, rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid.|