SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $28.54 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
6 lb Bag
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Purina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food?
Give your puppy the nutrition they need to get a great start in life with Purina Pro Plan Brand Dog Food Puppy Small Breed Chicken and Rice Formula dry puppy food. With no artificial colors or flavors, every ingredient is carefully selected for a specific nutritional or functional purpose, giving your puppy specialized nutrition to meet the needs at its current life stage. Make this super-premium dry puppy food part of your small breed companion's daily diet, and give them the taste that keeps their belly happy at mealtime.
Dogs (Puppy Under 1 Year)
- High in protein to meet the needs of highly active small dogs
- Real chicken is the first ingredient
- Fortified with guaranteed live probiotics for digestive and immune health
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development
- Antioxidants support a puppy's developing immune system
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong bones and teeth
- Vitamin A and omega-6 fatty acids to nourish skin and coat
How does Purina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food work?
This formula is high in protein, including chicken as the first ingredient, to meet the needs of highly active small dogs. With its bite-sized kibble, this puppy food helps to make chewing easier for your small dog, and the highly digestible formula promotes nutrient availability and absorption so your puppy can get the most out of every serving. Real poultry in this small breed puppy food helps provide for your dog's protein needs.
How should I store this product?
Store in a cool, dry place.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Directions:
- Feeding Weaning Pups:
- Puppies start to nibble solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available at all times.Allow your puppy to eat at will until fully weaned (6 - 8 weeks).
- Feeding Growing Pups:
- After weaning, Pro Plan can be fed moistened or dry. As puppies near adulthood, their calorie needs may drop, and your puppy may begin leaving some food in the bowl. Don’t misinterpret this as an indication of dislike for the food. Instead, begin offering less so your puppy doesn’t overeat and stays in ideal body condition.
- Feeding For Reproduction:
- Pro Plan provides the extra nutrition needed by reproducing females in stages of gestation and lactation.Food consumption may vary during gestation, so feed the amount needed to maintain the pregnant female’s ideal body condition. Food intake may double or even quadruple during lactation.
- Making the Switch to Pro Plan:
- Although you'll be anxious to see the difference Pro Plan can make in your dogs please allow 7-10 days to ease the transition from your dog's current food. Each day, simply feed a little less of the previous food and a little more Pro Plan until you're feeding Pro Plan exclusively.
- This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.
For best results, develop a regular feeding schedule such as three small meals a day for younger puppies. You can gradually reduce to one feeding in the morning and one in the evening as your puppy ages. The routine should not vary.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Dosage:
|Weight at Maturity||1 1/2 - 3 Months||4 - 5 Months||6 - 8 Months||9 - 11 Months||1 - 2 Years|
|3 - 6 lbs||1/2 - 2/3 cup||1/2 - 2/3 cup||1/2 - 2/3 cup||Feed as Adult||Feed as Adult|
|7 - 12 lbs.||2/3 - 1 cup||1 cup||1 cup||1 cup||1 - 1 1/4 cups|
|13 -20 lbs.||1/2 - 1 cup||1 - 1 1 /3 cups||1 cup||1 cup||1 - 1 1/4 cups|
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (Min)||33.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min)||20.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||3.0%|
|Linoleic Acid (Min)||1.8%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (Min)||0.1%|
|Calcium (Ca) (Min)||1.1%|
|Phosphorus (P) (Min)||0.9%|
|Vitamin A (Min)||15,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E (Min)||100 IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min)||2.0%|
|Bacillus coagulans* (Min)||600 million CFU/lb|
|Note||*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Chicken, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry By-Product Meal, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Beef Fat Preserved With Mixed-tocopherols, Corn Germ Meal, Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Fish Meal, Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Soybean Oil, Mono And Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite], Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Biotin (Vitamin B-7)], Magnesium Sulfate, Dl-methionine, Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product, L-lysine Monohydrochloride, Garlic Oil. K445419|