SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $75.69 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Purina Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food?
Give your large breed puppy the wholesome nutrition they need with Purina Pro Plan Brand Dog Food Puppy Large Breed Chicken and Rice Formula dry puppy food. High-quality protein, including chicken as the first ingredient, provides some of the essential nutritional building blocks within your dog’s body, and the specially formulated recipe is designed for puppies weighing over 50 pounds at maturity. Make this dry puppy food part of your puppy's complete and balanced puppy diet, and show them you care about their overall health and happiness.
Dogs (Puppy Under 2 Years)
- Formulated to support an appropriate growth rate for large breed puppies
- Glucosamine supports developing joints and cartilage
- Vitamin A and omega-6 fatty acids to nourish skin and coat
- High protein formula, with real chicken as the first ingredient
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development
- Rich in antioxidants to support a puppy’s developing immune system
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong bones and teeth
How does Purina Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food work?
Every high-quality ingredient in this super-premium dry puppy food is carefully chosen for a specific nutritional or functional purpose, so you can take comfort in knowing your large breed puppy is getting purposeful nutrition. Crunchy kibble and a delicious flavor tempt them to their dish at mealtime, and antioxidants support their developing immune system.
How should I store this product?
Store in a cool, dry place.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Directions:
- Feeding Weaning Pups:
- Puppies start to nibble solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available at all times.Allow your puppy to eat at will until fully weaned (6 - 8 weeks).
- Feeding Growing Pups:
- After weaning, Pro Plan can be fed moistened or dry. As puppies near adulthood, their calorie needs may drop, and your puppy may begin leaving some food in the bowl. Don’t misinterpret this as an indication of dislike for the food. Instead, begin offering less so your puppy doesn’t overeat and stays in ideal body condition.
- Feeding For Reproduction:
- Pro Plan provides the extra nutrition needed by reproducing females in stages of gestation and lactation.Food consumption may vary during gestation, so feed the amount needed to maintain the pregnant female’s ideal body condition. Food intake may double or even quadruple during lactation.
- Making the Switch to Pro Plan:
- Although you'll be anxious to see the difference Pro Plan can make in your dogs please allow 7-10 days to ease the transition from your dog's current food. Each day, simply feed a little less of the previous food and a little more Pro Plan until you're feeding Pro Plan exclusively.
- This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.
For best results, develop a regular feeding schedule such as three small meals a day for younger puppies. You can gradually reduce to one feeding in the morning and one in the evening as your puppy ages. The routine should not vary.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Dosage:
|Weight at Maturity||1 1/2 - 3 Months||4 - 5 Months||6 - 8 Months||9 - 11 Months||1 - 2 Years|
|Up to 50 lbs.||1/2 - 1 1/4 cups||1 3/4 - 2 1/3 cups||1 1/4 - 2 cups||2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups||2 1/3 - 3 1/2 cups|
|Up to 75 lbs.||2/3 - 2 cups||1 3/4 - 3 1/3 cups||1 1/2 - 3 1/4 cups||2 3/4 - 4 cups||3 - 5 1/4 cups|
|Up to 100 lbs.||1 - 2 1/4 cups||2 1/4 - 3 1/4 cups||3 1/3 - 5 1/3 cups||4 1/2 - 5 3/4 cups||6 1/2 - 9 1/4 cups|
|Up to 130 lbs.||2 1/4 - 3 1/3 cups||3 1/4 - 4 1/3 cups||5 1/3 - 6 1/2 cups||5 3/4 - 7 cups||9 1/4 - 10 1/3 cups|
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (Min)||28.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min)||13.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||4.75%|
|Linoleic Acid (Min)||1.6%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (Min)||0.1%|
|Calcium (Ca) (Min)||1.1%|
|Phosphorus (P) (Min)||0.9%|
|Vitamin A (Min)||15,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E (Min)||100 IU/kg|
|Glucosamine* (Min)||500 ppm|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min)||1.8%|
|Note||*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Poultry By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Beef Fat Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols, Pea Fiber, Dried Egg Product, Fish Meal, Natural Flavor, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Mono And Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Choline Chloride, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite], Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Biotin (Vitamin B-7)], Garlic Oil. N445721|