15% OFF FOR NEW CUSTOMERSUse code NC15 in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $40.11 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Cat Food
7 lb Bag
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Cat Food ?
Give your kitten the nutrition they need to get a great start in life with Purina Pro Plan Development Chicken and Rice Formula dry kitten food. Formulated for kittens through the first year of life, this super-premium kitten food provides 100 percent complete and balanced nutrition to support their overall health and wellness. With a great taste kittens love and the nourishment they need to thrive, this dry kitten food offers something you both can feel good about.
Cats (Kitten Under 1 Year)
- High protein formula, with real chicken as the first ingredient.
- DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, nourishes brain and vision development.
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong bones and teeth.
- Omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin A to nourish skin and coat.
- Antioxidants support a kitten's developing immune system.
- Fortified with guaranteed live probiotics to support digestive and immune health.
- Vitamin A and taurine support healthy vision.
How does Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Cat Food work?
This recipe features high-quality protein, including real chicken as the first ingredient, and every high-quality ingredient is carefully chosen for a specific purpose. Every serving in this kitten formula delivers DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid, to nourish their brain and vision development and omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin A to nourish skin and coat. Every bowl of this dry kitten formula is fortified with guaranteed live probiotics to support digestive and immune health.
How should I store this product?
Store in a cool, dry place.
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Cat Food Directions:
- Feeding Kittens:
- Kittens generally nibble solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available to these kittens at all times. After weaning, at 6 - 8 weeks of age, kittens will normally eat dry or moistened food at will. If water is added, use no more than one part warm (not hot) liquid to three parts Pro Plan, changing frequently to ensure freshness. As kittens near adulthood, their calorie needs may decrease. Continue to adjust the amount you feed to maintain your kitten in ideal body condition and avoid excess weight gain.
- Feeding for Reproduction:
- Pro Plan provides all the nutrients needed during reproduction. It is not necessary to add supplemental vitamins or minerals. Food consumption can vary during gestation. Feed the amount needed to maintain ideal body condition in the pregnant female. After the kittens are born, feed the nursing female all she wants to eat. Food intake can be 2 - 3 times greater by the fourth week of lactation as it was prior to when the female was bred. Food intake can be increased by feeding Pro Plan moistened with water and feeding twice daily.
- Making the Switch to Pro Plan:
- Although you’ll be anxious to see the difference Pro Plan can make in your kitten, please allow 7 - 10 days to ease the transition from your kitten’s current food. Each day, simply feed a little less of the previous food and a little more Pro Plan until you’re feeding Pro Plan exclusively.
- This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.
Use a standard 8 oz measuring cup when feeding Pro Plan.
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Cat Food Dosage:
|Age of Kitten||Weight of Kitten||Feeding Amount|
|4 - 12 weeks||1 - 3 lbs||1/4 - 1/2 cup|
|12 - 24 weeks||3 - 5 lbs||1/3 - 2/3 cup|
|24 - 36 weeks||5 - 7 lbs||1/3 - 2/3 cup|
|36 - 52 weeks||5 - 14 lbs||1/4 - 3/4 cup|
|Over 1 year||5 - 14 lbs||1/4 - 3/4 cup|
Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Cat Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (Min)||42.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min)||19.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||2.5%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (Min)||0.02%|
|Linoleic Acid (Min)||1.9%|
|Calcium (Ca) (Min)||1.0%|
|Phosphorus (P) (Min)||0.8%|
|Vitamin A (Min)||10,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E (Min)||400 IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min)||2.0%|
|Bacillus coagulans* (Min)||600 million CFU/lb|
|Note||*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Beef Fat Preserved With Mixed-tocopherols, Soybean Meal, Soy Protein Isolate, Fish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Poultry By-product Meal, Natural Flavor, Wheat Flour, Sodium Caseinate, L-lysine Monohydrochloride, Salt, Phosphoric Acid, Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Biotin (Vitamin B-7), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K)], Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite], Taurine, Dl-methionine, Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product. X462819|