What is Bimectin Paste?
Bimectin Paste is an oral paste for horses used for the removal of worms and bots. With just one dose, Bimectin Paste provides effective treatment and control of large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms, ascarids, hairworms, large-mouth stomach worms, lungworms, intestinal threadworms, summer sores caused by large-mouth stomach worms, and dermatitis caused by neck threadworms. One syringe will treat horses up to 1,250 lbs.
- Treats and removes worms and bots
- Comes in an easy-to-use dosing syringe
- Tasty, apple-flavored paste horses love
How does Bimectin Paste work?
Bimectin Paste contains the active ingredient, ivermectin, which kills important internal parasites, including bots and the arterial stages of strongyles with a single dose. It is a potent antiparasitic agent that is neither a benzimidazole nor an organophosphate
Avoid contact with the eyes. Bimectin Paste is for use in horses only. Swelling and itching reactions after treatment with Bimectin Paste have occurred in horses carrying heavy infections of neck threadworm. These reactions were most likely the result of microfilariae dying in large numbers. Symptomatic treatment may be advisable. Consult your veterinarian should any such reactions occur. Healing of summer sores involving extensive tissue changes may require other appropriate therapy in conjunction with Bimectin Paste
Bimectin Paste Directions:
- One syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1,250 lb horse at the recommended dose of 91 mcg ivermectin per lb body weight.
- Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lbs body weight.
- While holding the plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into your horse's mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing the paste on the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise your horse's head for a few seconds after dosing.
Make sure your horse's mouth contains no feed.
Bimectin Paste Dosage:
|All weights||Administer dosage corresponding to your horse's weight as often as your veterinarian instructs.|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
Store at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Bimectin Paste Ingredients:
|Active Ingredient (per syringe)||Amount|