SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $47.11 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Advantage XD?
Advantage® XD is an easy-to-apply topical flea treatment for cats. It packs 2 full months of treatment and continuous protection in each dose, lasting longer than traditional 1-month formulas. This topical, spot-on formula goes on easily in seconds (see product label for more information). Advantage® XD starts killing fleas through contact in 30 minutes to 4 hours. Advantage XD kills fleas through contact, so they don't have to bite your cat to die. Advantage XD continues to kill fleas for 2 months, which outlasts the typical six week flea life cycle and prevents reinfestations. Even indoor cats need flea protection because humans and other pets can bring fleas into your home. This convenient topical solution is fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours.
Indoor and outdoor cats or kittens, 8 weeks or older
- Longer-lasting protection vs. other topical products; 2 months protection per dose, outlasting the typical flea life cycle
- Fast-acting treatment starts killing fleas through contact within 30 minutes to 4 hours
- Easy-to-apply topical treatment, no prescription needed
- Fragrance-free formula, containing a naturally derived ingredient Spinetoram - winner of a Green Chemistry award*
How does Advantage XD work?
Advantage XD kills fleas through contact, so they don't have to bite your cat to die. Advantage XD continues to kill fleas for 2 months, which outlasts the typical six week flea life cycle and prevents reinfestations.
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Store in cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
What is the most important thing I should know about Advantage XD Small Cat?
Do not reapply more than one dose every two months.
What should I discuss with my veterinarian before giving Advantage XD Small Cat to my pet?
As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using the product on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant, or nursing cats or cats known to be sensitive to pesticides. In multiple cat households, do not allow the cats to groom each other until the product has dried.
How should Advantage XD be given ? (or “applied” if topical)
Application every two months is recommended to prevent and treat flea infestations.
What are the potential side effects of Advantage XD?
Side effects may include signs of application site reactions such as application site hair loss, hair change (greasy, clumping or matting) or redness, inflammation and itching. Other side effects such as inactivity, vomiting and inappetence have also been reported.
What happens if Advantage XD is swallowed or makes contact with eyes?
Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
What should I avoid while giving Advantage XD to my pet?
Avoid contact with eyes or clothing.
Advantage XD Directions:
- Remove one applicator tube from tray
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position.
- Open applicator tube by twisting the nozzle tip.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the head until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube directly above the skin. For best results, apply at the base of the head, not between the shoulder blades. Avoid getting the product in your cat's eyes or mouth.
- Discard empty applicator tube in the trash.
Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for the cat to directly lick the product.
Advantage XD Dosage:
|1.8-9lbs||Apply contents of 1 applicator of Advantage XD for Small Cats every 2 months|
|9lbs and over||Apply contents of 1 applicator of Advantage XD for Large Cats every 2 months|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Advantage XD Ingredients:
|Active Ingredient: Spinetoram|
|*US EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge. Designing Greener Chemicals Award. 2008|