What is Dog Steps with 4 Steps?
Help maintain and protect your pet's joint health with the Dog Steps with 4 Steps. Pets that constantly jump off sofas, beds, and other furniture can place unnecessary strain on the joints which could potentially lead to arthritis. Reduce your pet's risk today by ordering these compact and durable pet stairs. The Dog Steps provide a wide surface area that allows your pet to stop and rest on each step before moving forward, which is especially helpful for senior pets. These pet stairs support dogs and cats up to 150 lbs and are available in 2 colors (Tan and Cocoa) to accommodate most decor. Please note: Some dogs may need training to use the steps. We recommend using a treat to encourage your pet up and down the steps to become accustomed to using it.
Dogs and Cats up to 150 lbs
- Sturdy yet lightweight and supports pets up to 150 lbs.
- Stair height (30.5 inches tall) is ideal for climbing onto high furniture. For less height, try the Dog Steps with 2 Steps or Dog Steps with 3 Steps.
- Wide steps allow for most pets to place all four legs on each step.
- Rubber grips eliminate slipping on hard surface flooring.
- Removable and machine-washable carpeted mats make cleaning easy.
- Your choice of colors (Tan and Cocoa) helps to match most interior decor.
- Assembles in minutes with no tools needed.
How it Works:
Place the Dog Steps against the piece of furniture you want your dog or cat to climb up onto and down from with ease. Try encouraging your pet up and down the steps by using a treat. The Dog Steps are great for:
- Senior pets that need help getting onto furniture.
- Pets that already experience joint pain or weakness.
- All other pets to act as a preventive measure against arthritis by reducing the stress on joints when jumping down.
Do not use as a step stool. For indoor use only.
- Place all parts onto the floor, pairing the left and right panels and stair parts.
- Place the right panel on the floor with the Pet Gear logo facing the floor.
- Insert the top stair panel with the rug facing upward. The straight edge of the panel should be facing towards the back of the stair unit.
- Insert the front cover of the top step into the right panel.
- Insert one bottom step into the right panel.
- Repeat the previous two steps twice.
- Insert the rods into the right panel.
- Before attaching the left panel of the staircase, make sure there are no gaps between parts.
- Align all the holes on the left panel with the pegs from the right sides of the stairs.
- Push left panel down to secure the steps.
If you experience difficulty inserting the parts try adding a little dish soap on the end of the peg before inserting.
How to Purchase the Right Size Pet Steps for Your Dog or Cat
- Measure the height of the location to which you are to trying to give your pet access.
- Allow for a few extra inches below the top of the surface you are trying to give your pet access to by purchasing steps that are slightly smaller (in height) than the piece of furniture.
- Select a color that best matches or complements your decor.
Dog Steps with 4 Steps
Entire unit: 33.5" L x 16" W x 30.5" H
Recommended for dogs and cats weighing less than 150 lbs.
Do not use or rest near an open or exposed flame.
Dog Steps with 4 Steps is rated
Rated 3 out of
When putting together piece broke and I had to glue it.
Date published: 2017-12-17
Rated 2 out of
Not for large dogs
I purchase these stairs in January for my 70 lb German pointer. She refuses to use them. They are very stable, were relatively easy to put together using a rubber mallet and 2 people. I received all the parts in my shipment but the instructions were not clear, I called the manufacturer and got help right away. BUT the stairs are not deep enough for my dog and they have a tilt toward the front of the unit. I have attached pictures. She will not use them going up to the bed or coming down. I have left them in place and try every day, treats don't work, not even bacon. I should have saved the money and had a carpenter build stairs for me. She is too heavy for me to lift and cries and cries when she cannot get on the bed with us, sad.
Date published: 2017-03-07
Rated 4 out of
Sturdy and the right height
My bed is very high, and I was having difficulty finding stairs in any of the local pet shops that were tall enough. These fit the bill, they were easy to put together, and they are certainly sturdy enough for my dog (he is only 15 pounds). The only reason that I gave them at four- instead of a five-star rating was the fact that the steps are slanted. This makes no sense to me. He walks up and down stairs all day long that are flat, But to climb into the bed, he has to walk on the slanted steps. He gets skittish walking down them. I got them more so he wouldn't jump off the bed, so that's a concern.
Date published: 2017-01-19
Rated 1 out of
I had difficulty put this together and pieces broke easily.
Date published: 2016-11-09
Rated 5 out of
Theses steps really work!
We've been looking for steps like this for quite a while and haven't really found any that would work...until now! These steps are great for our 60 lb. Lab mix. She just turned 10 and even though she's still in great shape we worry about her jumping off of our bed and doing damage to her joints, especially in her front two legs. Our bed is 3' high and she sleeps there with us as well as spends much of her day in that bed when we're not home. The constant jumping on and off started to worry us. We found these steps, ordered them and put them to use. They came very quickly, were easy to assemble and do the job quite well. They're very sturdy for being plastic. The carpet on the steps is wonderful 'cuz I don't think she would use them if it wasn't there. We've only had them a couple of weeks and she doesn't always use them if we're not right there to make sure she does, but she seems to be getting used to them and hopefully will use them all the time soon. I would definitely recommend these steps.
Date published: 2013-01-07
Rated 4 out of
These are great steps to have and very durable and worked for me for quite some time. the disadvantage for my cat was the fact that the steps are slanted and not flat surfaces. My cat has arthritis and osteoperosis in one hind leg. He can climb down the stairs but the pain is too much for him to climb back up. I hope that you will consider making this product also with flat steps soon. :)
Date published: 2012-08-07
Rated 5 out of
The item easy to take apart and put together. I like how I'm able to wash the mats on the steps. Overall my pet was able to utilize the steps and my family is satisfied. Thank you 1-800-Petmeds.
Date published: 2012-03-29
Rated 5 out of
Best purchase ever!
My puppy would whine multiple times per night wanting to get on and off the bed which was just too high to leap from. I purchased these steps about 6 months ago and I cannot give them enough praise! They were some of the tallest steps that I could find online. Very sturdy and durable. The removable velcro carpet is great as well! My dog Jake is up and down these steps all day. It's a win-win for us both!
Date published: 2012-01-31