Benefits of Joint Supplements for Pets
As our pets get older, their joints suffer from wear and tear that comes with age, just like in humans. Giving your pet a joint supplement can help maintain healthy joints by stimulating joint cartilage. Glucosamine, chondroitin, and perna are common ingredients found in joint supplements that may help prevent further bone and joint damage in your pet, as well as promote relief caused by joint stress.
- Many supplements pair glucosamine and chondroitin together due to their complementary benefits.
- Glucosamine may help to promote the production of collagen in cartilage.
- Chondroitin fights against white blood cell enzymes that damage cartilage.
- Perna canaliculus is an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Perna is suggested for the relief of joint stiffness.
- Perna may also provide your pet with essential amino acids, enzymes, and minerals.
Feeding your pet joint supplements may help lower the dosage of pain medications required, and in some cases, may eliminate the need for them all together. Speak to your veterinarian.