SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
Reg. $75.69 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food ?
Care for your puppy's nutritional needs with Purina Pro Plan Brand Dog Food Puppy Chicken and Rice Formula dry puppy food. This super-premium dog food has no artificial colors or flavors and will keep your puppy happy at mealtime. Offer up this Purina Pro Plan Development puppy food recipe to show your puppy you care about their overall health and well-being while giving them a food designed to meet the unique nutritional needs of your growing puppy.
Dogs (Puppy Under 1 Year)
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development
- High quality protein builds lean muscles, with chicken as the first ingredient
- Antioxidants support a puppy's developing immune system
- Highly digestible formula for optimal nutrient delivery
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong bones and teeth
- Vitamin A and omega-6 fatty acids to nourish skin and coat
- Manufactured in U.S. Facilities
How does Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food work?
High-quality protein sources, including chicken as the first ingredient, help your puppy develop healthy muscles to maintain their playful lifestyle. DHA from omega-rich fish oil in this puppy formula nourishes brain and vision development, and calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong teeth and bones. You can have confidence your puppy is getting the 100 percent complete and balanced puppy nutrition their body needs at this early stage of development.
How should I store this product?
Store in a cool, dry place.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Directions:
- Feeding Weaning Pups:
- Puppies start to nibble solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available at all times.Allow your puppy to eat at will until fully weaned (6 - 8 weeks).
- Feeding Growing Pups:
- After weaning, Pro Plan can be fed moistened or dry. As puppies near adulthood, their calorie needs may drop, and your puppy may begin leaving some food in the bowl. Don’t misinterpret this as an indication of dislike for the food. Instead, begin offering less so your puppy doesn’t overeat and stays in ideal body condition.
- Feeding For Reproduction:
- Pro Plan provides the extra nutrition needed by reproducing females in stages of gestation and lactation.Food consumption may vary during gestation, so feed the amount needed to maintain the pregnant female’s ideal body condition. Food intake may double or even quadruple during lactation.
- Making the Switch to Pro Plan:
- Although you'll be anxious to see the difference Pro Plan can make in your dogs please allow 7-10 days to ease the transition from your dog's current food. Each day, simply feed a little less of the previous food and a little more Pro Plan until you're feeding Pro Plan exclusively.
- This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.
For best results, develop a regular feeding schedule such as three small meals a day for younger puppies. You can gradually reduce to one feeding in the morning and one in the evening as your puppy ages. The routine should not vary.
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Dosage:
|Weight at Maturity||1 1/2 - 3 Months||4 - 5 Months||6 - 8 Months||9 - 11 Months||1 - 2 Years|
|3 - 12 lbs||1/2 - 2/3 cup||2/3 - 1 cup||1/2 - 1 1/4 cups||Feed as Adult||Feed as Adult|
|13 - 20 lbs.||1/2 - 1 cup||1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups||3/4 - 1 cup||1 - 1 1/4 cups||1 - 1 1/4 cups|
|21 - 50 lbs.||1/2 - 1 cup||1 1/2 - 2 cups||1 1/4 - 2 cups||2 - 2 1/4 cups||2 - 3 cups|
|51 - 75 lbs.||1/2 - 1 3/4 cups||1 1/2 - 3 cups||1 1/3 - 3 cups||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups||2 3/4 - 4 2/3 cups|
|76 - 100 lbs.||1 - 2 cups||2 - 3 cups||3 - 4 3/4 cups||4 - 5 1/4 cups||5 3/4 - 8 1/4 cups|
|Over 100 lbs||2 cups plus 1/3 cup for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100||3 cups plus 1/3 cup for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100||4 3/4 cups plus 1/3 cup for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100||5 1/4 cups plus 1/3 cup for each 10 lbs ofbody weight over 100||8 1/4 cups plus 1/3 cup for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100|
Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (Min)||28.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min)||18.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||3.0%|
|Linoleic Acid (Min)||1.6%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (Min)||0.1%|
|Calcium (Ca) (Min)||1.1%|
|Phosphorus (P) (Min)||0.9%|
|Vitamin A (Min)||15,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E (Min)||100 IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min)||1.8%|
|Note||*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Beef Fat Preserved With Mixed-Tocopherols, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Germ Meal, Dried Yeast, Fish Meal, Natural Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Mono And Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite], Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Biotin (Vitamin B-7)], L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Garlic Oil. Y445821|