SAVE AN EXTRA $5 - $20 OFFUse code PETS in cart (Exclusions apply)
1. We'll ask for your vet's info during checkout.
2. We verify your prescription and ship your order!
Reg. $32.59 30% off today
Out of stock
Thank you, we will notify you when this product is available.
Sorry we have no alternatives.
What is Enalapril Compounded?
Enalapril Compounded is used to treat mild, moderate, or severe heart failure and high blood pressure, and is usually used in combination with other medications. Compounding is beneficial in instances where a specific dosage is unavailable or in different forms to make it easier to dose your pet. Enalapril Compounded requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
Custom compounds add 2-3 business days to prepare and cannot be shipped to AL, DC, DE, GU, HI, ID, KS, MS, MN, MT, NC, ND, OK, SD, VI, VT, WV, or WY
Cats & Dogs
- Helps the heart beat more efficiently
- Prevents fluid buildup in the lungs
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves ability to tolerate exercise
How it Works:
Enalapril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by blocking an enzyme in the body that is needed to produce a substance that causes blood vessels to tighten. As a result, the blood vessels relax. This lowers blood pressure and increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
Do not give your pet potassium supplements unless directed to by your veterinarian. Enalapril may cause birth defects. Do not give to pregnant animals.
Enalapril Compounded Directions:
- Enalapril is a prescription medication that belongs to a group of drugs called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It is FDA approved for use in dogs only, however it is a commonly accepted practice for veterinarians to prescribe enalapril for cats as well.
- Enalapril is used to treat mild, moderate, or severe heart failure and high blood pressure and is usually used in combination with other medications.
- Tell your veterinarian if your pet is pregnant or if you plan on breeding your pet. Enalapril could cause birth defects.
Allow plenty of water for the pet to drink. Enalapril may be given with or without food. Periodic liver and kidney function testing may be required by your veterinarian.
Enalapril Compounded Dosage:
|All weights||Usual dosage is 0.1-0.25mg per pound of pet's body weight once daily or as directed by veterinarian|
|All weights||Usual dosage is 0.25mg per pound of pet's body weight once daily or as directed by veterinarian|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store this medication at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
What is a Compounded Medication?
A compounded medication is the creation of a particular medication to fit the unique needs of a patient, including changing the form of the medication (e.g., from a solid pill to a liquid) for a variety reasons (e.g., to make it easier to take, to avoid a non-essential ingredient, to obtain the exact dose needed, adding favorite flavors).
If you are having difficulty giving your pet prescribed medication or need to find a discontinued medication, 1-800-PetMeds offers compounding services on select medications. We can prepare the following: (1) custom strength quantities of a medication (as capsules, liquid, chewable tablets, or transdermal (absorbed through the skin); (2) dosage forms to mask bitter or unpleasant taste (such as capsules or chewable tablets that can also be flavored); (3) dosage forms to make it easier to dose your pet such as a transdermal or liquid (that can also be flavored); and (4) discontinued products such as cisapride or DES.