What is Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray?
Vetericyn VF Plus (Veterinary Formula) Wound & Skin Care Spray and Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel are veterinary formula, non-toxic topical sprays for the care of wounds and skin irritations. Both innovative sprays help to clean and moisten abrasions, dermal lesions and post-surgical wounds to support healing without harming healthy tissue. These easy-to-apply sprays do not contain steroids, antibiotics, tea tree oil or alcohols, and are safe for pets of all ages.
Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel contains the same active ingredient as Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray, but with additional ingredients specially formulated to stick to the site of application and evaporate more slowly. The Vetericyn VF Plus Hydrogel formula is ideal for wounds requiring a product that will stay in place, such as those requiring dressing.
Both Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray and Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel are formulated to moisten and debride acute and chronic wounds, burns, skin irritations, post-surgical sites, skin ulcers, abscesses, hot spots and allergic skin rashes, and will not sting when applied. They may be used in conjunction with systemic antibiotics and are safe for use around the eyes, ears, nose and mouth. However, make sure not to spray Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray or Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel directly in or on the eyes, ears, nose or mouth.
Cats and Dogs
- Does not harm healthy tissues
- Safe for pets of all ages
- 100% non-toxic and non-irritating
- No antibiotics, steroids, alcohols, iodine or tea tree oil
- Will not cause injury if licked or ingested
- No rinsing required after application
- Does not stain clothing or furniture after application to your pet
- Easy-to-use spray application
- Can be used with wound dressings
- Safe for use around the eyes, ears, nose and mouth
- Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel formula sticks to the application site and evaporates slowly.
How it Works:
Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray and Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel work by assisting in the mechanical removal of cellular debris, senescent cells, necrotic tissue and foreign material from the skin and wound surface through debridement. Wounds that are clean, well maintained and moist have shown faster healing than wounds left on their own.
For external use only, not for injection. For use on pets only. Not for human use. Keep out of reach of children. Always consult with a veterinarian for systemic conditions. Discontinue use if irritation develops and contact your veterinarian.
- Shake well before use.
- Remove excess hair from the wound area. Clip carefully if necessary.
- Adjust spray nozzle and saturate the affected area.
- Liberally line the wound bed with Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray or Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel.
- If required, fill cavity with appropriate wound filler and then cover with gauze or other covering and secure into place.
- Reapply as required to ensure adequate moisture balance.
- Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel is designed to stick to the site of application and evaporate slowly, no need to wipe away film or residue.
- If dressing is required, saturate the dressing with Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray or Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel at each dressing change. Repeat 3-4 times per day or at each dressing change, until the wound is healed or as per treatment protocol as directed by your veterinarian.
- No rinsing is necessary. After use, seal or close dispenser.
Faster healing is achieved when wounds are cleaned and maintained in a moist environment. Safe for use around eyes, ears, nose and mouth. However, do not spray directly in or on the eyes, ears, nose or mouth.
Saturate the affected area and dressing if required. Repeat 3-4 times per day until wound is healed or as per treatment protocol as directed by your veterinarian.
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat. Thaw and shake contents before use if Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray should become frozen. Do not allow Vetericyn VF Plus Antimicrobial Hydrogel to freeze. Do not use after expiration date. After use, seal or close dispenser.
See expiration date.
No special disposal requirements. Vetericyn VF Plus is environmentally friendly.
Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care
Inactive Ingredients: Electrolyzed Water, Sodium Chloride, Phosphates, Sodium Hypochlorite.
Vetericyn VF Plus Hydrogel Wound & Skin Care
Inactive Ingredients: Electrolyzed Water, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hypochlorite, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Phosphates, Sodium Sulfate.
Vetericyn VF Plus Wound & Skin Care Spray is rated
Rated 5 out of
I bought this product for my dog with two chronic hot spots on her legs. The hot spots became aggravated again a few months ago and she was constantly licking and chewing. The areas had already formed granulomatous tissue around them. After trying other products Vetericyn was recommended by a friend. After reading the reviews I tried the product. I am glad to report that this product has done the trick! No antibiotics needed, no steroids, just a few sprays several times a day and there's been a huge difference in the healing. As a "trick" in using and to minimize her immediately licking the product off, I will spray the areas just prior to leash walking her and just before I let my two dogs out to play. The distraction of the walk and playtime keeps her from licking the product.
Date published: 2017-12-06
Rated 5 out of
Should always have on hand
This spray was recommended to me by my dog groomer. It has saved me numerous trips to the vet. It is fantastic at helping heal wounds. My dog had a nasty looking reaction to a tick bite, this took care of it. He had nibbled the skin off his tail due to a bug bite, this spray healed it up in 2 days. You will be surprised how many times you use it.
Date published: 2016-09-15
Rated 5 out of
This product is fast acting
I bought this product to try on my 14 year old dog who was attacked by fly bots. Nothing else was helping to encourage new skin growth. I use this twice a day and so long as my dog doesn't reopen her wounds it has managed to heal up some pretty deep tissue wounds all while cleaning and maintaining the wound. Very impressed with it.
Date published: 2015-02-18