What is Safe-Guard Equi-Bits?
Safe-Guard Equi-bits is an equine dewormer for the control of large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris, Triodontophorus spp.), small strongyles (Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp.), pinworms (Oxyuris equi), and ascarids (Parascaris equorum). It's easy to give, even to weanlings, yearlings on food, or hard-to-paste or hard-to-catch horses; just sprinkle the alfalfa-based pellets over daily feed. It is also safe for stallions and pregnant mares to consume. One bag of Safe-Guard Equi-Bits will treat a 1,250 lb horse.
- Controls large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids
- Safe for stallions and pregnant mares
- Feed and deworm in a single step with palatable alfalfa-based pellets
- Tasty apple flavor horses love
- Perfect for weanlings or yearlings on feed or hard-to-paste or hard-to-catch horses
How does Safe-Guard Equi-Bits work?
Safe-Guard Equi-Bits contains the active ingredient, fenbendazole, which helps control large and small strongyles as well as pinworms and ascarids.
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism.
Safe-Guard Equi-Bits Directions:
- The recommended dose is 2.27 mg/lb in a 1 day treatment.
- For the control of ascarids, the recommended dose is 4.54 mg/lb in a 1 day treatment.
- Spread uniformly on top of the daily ration. No prior withdrawal of feed or water is necessary.
- Regular deworming at intervals of 6 to 8 weeks may be required due to the possibility of reinfection.
All horses must be eating normally to ensure that each animal consumes an adequate amount of the medicated feed.
Safe-Guard Equi-Bits Dosage:
|All weights||Give 2.27 mg/lb (4.54 mg/lb for ascarid treatment) in a 1 day treatment or as directed by your veterinarian|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
Store at room temperature out of the reach of children and pets.
Safe-Guard Equi-Bits Ingredients:
|Active Ingredient (per lb)||Amount|
|Other Ingredients: Wheat Middlings, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Corn Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, Mineral Oil, Cane Molasses, Preserved with Propionic Acid|