Use code BF25 on select products
What is Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer?
Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer is an effective dewormer for horses. It controls large strongyles (Strongylus edentatus, S. equinus, S. vulgaris), encysted early third stage (hyobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, small strongyles, pinworms(Oxyuris equi), ascarids (Parascaris equorum), and arteritis caused by fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris in horses. It's safe for foals, pregnant mares, older horses, underweight horses, and miniature horses, and it will not harm the environment, other farm animals or pets. Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer is available as a 1 pk 25 gm paste and as the Panacur Powerpac (5 pk) 57 gm paste. The Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer 1 pk 25 gm paste is best for one application use and the Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer Powerpac (5 pk) 57 gm paste is best for a continuous 5-day application.
- Controls large and small strongyles (including migrating larvae), pinworms and ascarids (roundworms)
- Kills both larvae and adult parasites
- Tasty, apple cinnamon-flavored paste
How does Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer work?
Each gram of Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer contains 100 mg of fenbendazole. The antiparasitic action of Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer is believed to be due to the inhibition of energy metabolism in the parasite.
Side effects associated with Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer could not be established in well-controlled safety studies in horses with single doses as high as 454 mg/lb (1,000 mg/kg) and 15 consecutive daily doses of 22.7 mg/lb (50 mg/kg). Particularly with higher doses, the lethal action of fenbendazole may cause the release of antigens by the dying parasites. This phenomenon may result in either a local or systemic hypersensitive reaction. As with any drug, these reactions should be treated symptomatically. Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer has been evaluated for safety in pregnant mares during all stages of gestation with doses as high as 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg) and in stallions with doses as high as 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg). No adverse effects on reproductivity were detected. The recommended dose for control of 4th stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris, 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg) daily for 5 consecutive days, has not been evaluated for safety in stallions or pregnant mares.
Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer Directions:
- Remove syringe tip.
- Turn the dial ring until the edge of the ring nearest the tip lines up with zero.
- Depress the plunger to advance paste to tip.
- Set the dial ring at the graduation nearest the weight of your horse (do not underdose).
- Insert the nozzle of the syringe in between the teeth in your horse's mouth and deposit the paste on the back of the tongue by depressing the plunger.
- Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer is administered orally at a rate of 2.3 mg/lb (5 mg/kg) for the control of large strongyles, small strongyles, and pinworms. One syringe will deworm a 1,100 lb horse. For foals and weanlings (less than 18 months of age) where ascarids are a common problem, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg); one syringe will deworm a 550 lb horse.
- For the control of encysted early third stage (hypobiotic), late third stage and fourth stage cyathostome larvae, and fourth stage larvae of Strongylus vulgaris, the recommended dose is 4.6 mg/lb (10 mg/kg) daily for 5 consecutive days; administer one syringe for each 550 lbs body weight per day.
Make sure your horse's mouth is free of food.
Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer Dosage:
|All weights||Administer the appropriate dosage as mentioned above corresponding with your horse's weight or as directed by your veterinarian.|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Dogs||Do not use!|
Store at or below room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Panacur Paste Equine Dewormer Ingredients:
|Active Ingredient (per gm)||Amount|
|Active Ingredient (per gm)||Amount|