What is Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain?
Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain provides aerated, filtered water to your pet from five patented free-falling water streams. The patented free-falling stream of water encourages your pet to drink more water, keeping your pet hydrated and improving health. The fountain has rubberized feet to prevent spills and holds 1 gallon of water. The submersive pump and specially - designed spout reduces operation noise and splashing. The fountain is ideal for multiple pets and can be disassembled for thorough cleaning.
NOTE: Also available are Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain Charcoal Replacement Filters, as well as the Drinkwell Pet Fountain Cleaning Kit, sold separately.
Dogs and Cats
- Patented free-falling watering system aerates water
- Appealing to pets and helps increase water consumption
- 5 interchangeable water streams with adjustable flow control
- Charcoal filter removes bad odors and particles
- Submersive pump reduces operation noise
- 128 oz (1 gallon) capacity
- Dishwasher safe (excluding pump)
- Replacement filters 3pk and cleaning kit also available
How it Works:
The patented free-falling watering system aerates your pet's water with oxygen and helps to prevent bacteria growth. The appeal of running water will help to ensure your pet drinks more water to stay properly hydrated. The charcoal filter removes bad odors, particles and stops bacteria from growing. Replacement filters and a cleaning kit can be purchased separately to extend the life of the fountain and clean hard-to-reach areas.
For indoor use only. Do not operate without water or with a damaged cord or plug. Unplug when not in use and before cleaning. Do not allow pet to chew or swallow parts. Consult your veterinarian if your pet shows signs of allergic reaction to plastic. Supervise when used near children.
Directions for Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain:
For detailed instructions, see the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain Manual.
- Check the electrical cord for any tears, or damage and make sure the inline plug is connected before use.
- Remove cone piece by twisting counter clockwise to unlock the tabs from the bowl. Lift up and set aside. Check to make sure the intake tube is properly inserted (pushed all the way down) into the pump. Replace cone and twist clockwise to lock tabs in place.
- Take the partially assembled filter housing and remove the flow control cap by gently lifting straight up. Do not twist to remove. Gently lift up on the spout ring to access the filter housing cap.
- Unscrew the filter housing cap and insert the filter into the filter housing with the pull-tab facing up. The filter will slide easily into place. Next, screw on the filter housing cap.
- Align the side grooves of the filter housing with the inner notches of the cone opening. The filter housing should slide easily into place. Turn housing a quarter turn to the right (clockwise) until it locks in place.
- Select one of the five interchangeable spouts based upon your personal preference or your pet's preference. Place the chosen spout on top of filter housing lid and gently press down evenly to secure in place.
- Align the flow control cap with the raised notches on the filter housing lid. Press down gently and the cap will snap into place. With the flow control cap, you will be able to easily adjust the flow intensity of the water. Turn the cap to the right to increase the flow and to the left to decrease.
- Place fountain in desired location. Protect flooring with a towel or place mat. Fill the fountain bowl with water. Make sure the water level is at least to the "MIN" fill line so the pump does not run dry. This will prime the pump for use. Do not fill the fountain past the "MAX" fill line.
- Make sure the cord and your hands are dry before plugging into an outlet.
- Add water as needed. Never let the water level fall lower than the "MIN" fill line (approx. 1 inch above the bottom of the bowl) or the pump may fail. To properly pick up the fountain, use both hands and grip the sidewalls of the fountain bowl and lift. Never pick up a full fountain by the cone piece.
- Cleaning: Clean once a week. Lack of cleaning may result in loss of normal function. Use the cleaning kit (sold separately) or hand wash the fountain and the internal cavity of the motor with soapy water every two weeks. Rinse the fountain parts in hot water weekly. Refer to the manual for detailed disassembly and cleaning instructions.
- Filters (sold separately): Filters should be changed every two weeks. Replace filters more frequently when using the fountain for dogs or multiple pets. Filters may be rinsed with water only (do not use soap) when the fountain is cleaned. A small amount of charcoal dust may shed. This is normal and not harmful to your pet. If you notice a decrease in the flow of the water that is not corrected by turning the flow control cap toward max this may be an indication of a clogged and dirty filter and/or the need to rinse and clean the filter housing.
- Cleaning Kit (sold separately): The cleaning kit includes a 2" diameter brush with a flared tip to clean the fountain corners and edges, a 5/8" diameter brush to clean the intake tube and a 3/8" diameter brush to clean the inside of the motor cavity.
*Your pet may prefer that the Fountain be placed away from his or her normal feeding area. Try placing it in a separate corner or a different room. Cats may prefer to drink on an elevated area such as a counter.
It is normal for your pet to be extra cautious when first using the fountain. Allow your pet to adjust at his or her own pace. Some pets take several days or longer to begin use.
Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain
16"L x 10-5/8"W x 10-1/2"H
Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain is rated
Rated 2 out of
Good for a few months
This worked great for a few months, then it started to get mineral deposit build up, which was no problem to clean, but then after awhile it was so bad I would spend so much time scraping off the crust. There are so many little parts and holes to this unit that it just wasn't worth it and I threw it out! I do live in AZ, which his one of the worst for particles in the water, so i'm not sure if this made it worse? I'm going to try a stainless steel fountain and hope I don't get build up.
Date published: 2017-01-02
Rated 5 out of
This is a great fountain.
My cats would jump up to have me turn on the sink for them to drinking running water. Now they don't! They love they can drink from the fountain whenever they need it! It's very easy to clean. I did break one of the prongs on the filter top and need to find a replacement part. How can I get that piece?
Date published: 2014-12-30
Rated 2 out of
I just got this for my pets
I must be doing something wrong, because I read all of the positive reviews and was excited to receive it for my 2 cats and puppy.
I rinsed the filter very well and washed the whole fountain, but for some reason the water has a bitter, muddy taste (which I assume is from the charcoal). I'm not sure what to do. I rinsed it again yesterday, and it still has the same flavor. Before I was just filling up a bowl with Brita water a couple of times a day, but compared to that, the fountain water just doesn't taste good.
Has anyone else experienced this:?
Date published: 2014-07-25
Rated 5 out of
Got this 360 fountain for our two new kittens, they love it, and so does our older cat. if it last as long as the original Drinkwell fountain that would be GREAT we have the original ... it been going strong for over 15 years never had to replace any parts....
Date published: 2014-04-19
Rated 5 out of
I purchased this fountain. I have four cats that are spoiled and will only drink from fountains. I have had several in the past. This is quiet, simple to break down and clean, holds 2qts of water, several different choices for water flow outlets from the top, sturdy, does not allow kitties to move it, firm and abundant bottom, and gives them the choice of flow or pool to drink from. The best fountain I have purchased thus far. In my opinion, do not waist you're money on any other fountain for you're kitties.
Date published: 2013-10-21
Rated 3 out of
not for big playful dogs
Dog thinks its a sprinkler, tries to pick up and run with it. water all over. I ditched it.. I like him to have fresh water & clean bowl all of the time. would you like to drink your slobber? not me. so he gets fresh water.
Date published: 2013-05-31
Rated 5 out of
Filtered water for my dogs AND soothing sound
OK, my younger dog took to this as soon as I plugged it in, she likes to drink off the top like I drink from a fountain. My older dog couldn't figure it out for a while, but then he got it, and he drinks fine. But, he drinks from the bowl part. I liked that it came with different heads. I switched out the three faucet for the two, and they like that better, but I think the more faucets would be great for lots of cats.
Date published: 2012-10-11