What is Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food?
Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food is an all-natural canned dog food formula that is especially made for senior dogs and dogs who are overweight. Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food is made with three high quality meats, including chicken, lamb, and fish. Chicken is the first ingredient. Those meats are processed in a human grade facility. You'll also be happy to know that Canidae doesn't include corn, wheat, soy or fillers, so your dog won't be eating a lot of empty calories. And speaking of calories, Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food has reduced fat and protein, especially good for less active, older dogs and those carrying a little extra weight. Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food also includes glucosamine and chondroitin to promote better joint health. Although many dogs love the flavor and consistency of canned food, Canidae recommends that you give your dog a mixture of canned and dry food, rather than feeding your dog only canned food. This will help achieve a balanced diet and firmer stools.
Note: Refrigerate after opening, and discard any remaining food after 3 days.
- Ideal for senior dogs and those who are overweight
- Three protein sources, including chicken, lamb, and fish
- #1 ingredient is chicken
- All natural ingredients, including added essential vitamins and amino acid chelated minerals
- Glucosamine added for joint health
- No corn, wheat, soy, or fillers
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids help maintain healthy skin and coat
- Naturally preserved herbal formula so you can feel good about giving it to your dog
- Available in 12 packs of 13 oz. cans
How it Works:
Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food provides your dog with a delicious, nutritious meal that contains essential vitamins and antioxidants to help your dog feel healthy and energized. Added Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids also help maintain healthy skin and coat, and the food is specifically formulated for dogs with allergies and food sensitivities. It contains natural ingredients, like chicken, lamb, and fish that most dogs love, even the pickiest of eaters.
- Days 1 & 2: Feed 75% previous dog food and 25% Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food.
- Days 3 & 4: Feed 50% previous dog food and 50% Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food.
- Days 5 & 6: Feed 25% previous dog food and 75% Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food.
- Day 7: Feed 100% Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food.
- Lengthen this process out if you notice your dog is having any symptoms of digestive upset.
Daily Feeding Guidelines
- The following guidelines are the recommendations for feeding overweight and senior dogs with reduced activity levels and where weight gain is a concern.
- If fed solely, feed one 13 oz. can a day for every 20 lbs. of body weight.
- To achieve a balanced diet and maintain firm stools, Canidae recommends a feed ration of 25% canned to 75% dry dog food by weight.
Fresh water should be available at all times.
Store in a cool dry place and protect from moisture.
Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food:
Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Lamb, Ocean Whitefish, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Sunflower Oil (source of Omega-6 Fatty Acids), Eggs, Guar Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Carrageenan, Salt, Psyllium Seed Husk, Flaxseed Oil (source of Omega-3 fatty Acids), Kelp, Rosemary Extract, Cranberries, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lecithin, Cassia Gum, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin E Supplement, Chondroitin Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
Linoleic Acid (Omega 6)
50.0 IU/kg (Min)
Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3)*
150.0 mg/kg (Min)
100.0 mg/kg (Min)
Calorie Content: Contains ME (kcal/per 13 oz. can) 327
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles(a) One Carboxymethyl Cellulose Unit (CMCU) liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay.
Canidae Platinum Chicken, Lamb and Fish Formula in Chicken Broth Dog Food is rated
Rated 5 out of
Lively as ever, again!
I have a 8 1/2 year old Rottweiler, Brandy who suffered a ACL tear in her hind leg last year and also has arthritis in her hips. The Vet said it would be wise to cut back on her calorie intake as she was inactive and weighing 85 lbs. In a few months, she lost about 8 lbs (which is like 25 lbs for a human). She has been eating this particular food for 1 year now and is thriving! This food has literally got my big girl up and skipping around again! Her coat is healthy, she loves the food, I believe the Omega's plus Glucosamine & Chondroitin are aiding in mobility, rebuilding and joint inflammation. She is back to her old self and is lively and alert as ever!
Date published: 2015-01-01
Rated 5 out of
My master got this for me.
It was the best thing she has done for my heart. She started me on meds I hate to take but still I coughed. I also hated to take them meds.
She got this for me and now my cough is completely gone. I know she hides the meds in it. But that is ok I love this food so much I don't taste them.
Date published: 2014-12-30