My Account

Poisonous Plants for Dogs and Cats

Plants Can Be Harmful to Your Pet

Chewing grass and green vegetation is normal for pets, but chewing the wrong vegetation can be fatal. About 25% of pets poisoned by non-drug products get sick from poisonous house plants and outdoor plants. Give your pets grasses, sprouts, green vegetables or treats so they leave poisonous plants alone. Always discourage your pet if you see him or her sniffing or getting too close to your house plants or outdoor plants.

Contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Poison Control Center (telephone 1-888-426-4435) immediately if your pet has swallowed or eaten a poisonous plant.

  • Most pets get poisoned at home.
  • You should poison proof your home for your pet just as you would for your child.
  • Keep plants out of your pet's reach, as you would for a child.
Pharmacy Tip
Max & Molly
For more information on protecting your pet from harmful items and/or substances, visit our Poisoned Pets section.
Close
Live Chat Share Website Feedback
Name:
Email:
Phone:
Feedback:
"