What is Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Bed?
The Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Dog Bed is the perfect bed to help keep your dog warm during the chilly winter months, but it's also perfect for year-round use. The heater inside the bed must be plugged into an electrical outlet to be used. Inside the bed is orthopedic foam to provide comfort and support. The soft PVC covering help prevent your dog's bed from getting wet due to rain or snow. Don't be fooled by the name - it's great for cats too.
Dogs & Cats
- Low wattage means bed only gets warm does not get hot
- Available in 3 sizes
- Ideal for use indoors and outdoors
- Thermostat automatically heats up to your dog's normal body temperature without overheating
- Soft PVC covering prevents the bed from absorbing water to keep dry
- Keeps your cat warm on cold rainy days when he or she usually hangs out in the window sill
- Tested for safety
How it Works:
The Lectro-Soft Heated Outdoor Dog Bed provides your dog with warmth in even the coldest temperatures. The thermostat regulates the temperature of the bed by heating up to your dog's normal body temperature to keep warm. This bed is also great for cats.
Not recommended for pets that like to chew aggressively. To protect against electrical hazards, do not immerse cord, plug, or appliance in water or other liquid. Always unplug from outlet when not in use. Do not cover your Lectro-Soft with blankets or materials. Other coverings may not allow heat to radiate properly and could cause pad failure.
- Place directly on a hard, flat surface in the home or inside a doghouse or kennel. Area chosen should be a sheltered area out of direct rain or snow.
- Pull out the air valve on the bottom side of the bed. Plug into 110-120 volt AC outlet while the air valve is still released. Allow 15 to 30 minutes for the Lectro-Soft to begin to warm and fully expand. The unit will feel slightly warm to the touch. After desired expansion, push down on the center of the bed to remove a little air. Then push the air plug in to seal the bed. This will ensure against "ballooning" when your pet is enjoying the bed. The built in thermostat will automatically regulate the temperature.
- After initial warm-up, your Lectro-Soft will feel cooler to the touch. This is the intension for energy efficiency. When your pet lies upon the bed, it will warm to a cozy, pet pleasing temperature even in the coldest of weather.
- Testing your Lectro-Soft bed: Place a blanket, pillow or other insulating object over part of your Lectro-Soft bed. After a few minutes, place your hand under the insulating object to experience the warmth your pet will enjoy.
The Lectro-Soft bed may be wiped down with a damp cloth when unplugged. The unit may be plugged back in for use when thoroughly dry.
Important Criteria to Consider When Selecting a Bed for Your Pet
- How big is your pet?
- Will you be using the bed for one pet or more?
- Does your pet curl or flop down when resting? This will help determine the best suitable length for your pet.
Recommended Breed Size:
18" L x 14" W x 1.5" H
Small Dog Breeds & Cats (Ex: Shih Tzu, Dachshund, Jack Russell Terrier)
Recommended Breed Size:
24" L x 19" W x 1.5" H
Medium Dog Breeds & Cats (Ex: Border Collie, Bulldog, Basset Hound)
Recommended Breed Size:
36" L x 25" W x 1.5" H
Large Dog Breeds (Ex: Labrador Retriever, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd)
Unplug, clean, and store the dog bed when not in use.
Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Bed is rated
Rated 4 out of
Other cats stole it...
I bought the small 14 x 18 bed for my pet, Billy, a few weeks ago for his house downstairs. But, within the first few hours, not only did I see other cats take up residence, there were two kittens on the bed snuggled and sleeping together. Billy didn't seem to mind since he stays indoors more during winter, but I couldn't believe how quickly those kittens took to it-- too cute. Anyway, setup was as instructed, and the unit warms very nicely. I only wish the cover that came with it was a little bigger. But, the real concern I honestly have is with the exposed parts of the power cord. It was not fully steel wrapped as originally thought, but rather protected by an open/ stretched spring-like wire along its length. Because of gaps, a destructive animal can still chew the cord in between those spaces. I may need to find additional protection for this part of the unit just in case. Otherwise, I think it's a good product so far.
Date published: 2011-12-31
Rated 5 out of
Our cats love it!
3 weeks ago, I bought the medium size Lectro-soft indoor/outdoor heated bed for 2 cats that stay outside. They instantly noticed that it keeps them warm and use it constantly. Their feet & tummies are always toasty!
The power cord has sturdy coiled wire around it and the included fleece cover is perfect. It was a great purchase, and a very reasonable price (especially compared to local retailers).
Date published: 2010-12-21