What is Dogtra Half Mile Remote Dog Trainer?
The Dogtra 1/2 Mile Remote Dog Trainer provides stimulation and vibration obedience training at a range of up to a half mile. The unit offers 3 correction options - the "Nick" button transmits a single, momentary pulse to gain your dog's attention. The "Constant" button sends a steady stimulation for up to 12 seconds. The "Pager" button is a non-stimulating, vibration-only correction. The low to mid-range power unit contains a wide range intensity dial from 0-100 to help find the most effective stimulation level for your dog's size and temperament. The collar and receiver are fully waterproof, uses rechargeable Ni-MH batteries and include a LED battery life indicator. The receiver is reduced in size for a more comfortable fit for smaller dogs.
Dogs (over 15 lbs)
- 1/2 mile range remote obedience collar
- 3 stimulation types
How it Works:
The Dogtra 1/2 Mile Remote Dog Trainer transmits a correction at the intensity level of your choice through the collar's contact points to your dog's skin within a 1/2 mile range.
For use on dogs only. Avoid having your dog wear the collar in the same place on the neck for more than two hours at a time.
- Activating the receiver/collar: Place the red dot on the back of the transmitter to the red dot on the collar/receiver. Hold the two red dots together for a moment until the LED light on the receiver/collar turns on. To deactivate, repeat the same procedure holding the two red dots together momentarily. The LED light will turn red for a brief moment indicating that the collar/receiver is now shut off.
- Intensity Dial: The intensity dial is located on the top of the transmitter: (0) is the lowest level and (100) is the highest level. Adjust the setting depending on your dog's temperament and threshold for stimulation. As your dog's attitude changes, especially during times of increased excitement or distraction, you may need to adjust the intensity level.
- Transmitter Indicator Light (LED): The transmitter indicator light (LED) is located near the intensity dial. The LED light will come on when a button is pressed. The color of the light indicates the status of battery life. Green indicates the battery is fully charged. Amber indicates a medium charge. It is acceptable to recharge at medium charge without damaging the unit. A blinking red light indicates the unit needs to be recharged.
- Button Functions: The single dog transmitter has three buttons (one on the face, two on the left side). The "Nick" button is imprinted with the letter "N". When the "Nick" button is pushed, the receiver emits a single rapid pulse of electrical stimulation. The "Constant" button is located on the bottom left. Pressing the "Constant" button gives continuous stimulation for up to 12 seconds. The stimulation will automatically turn off as a safety feature after 12 seconds. The collar will be ready to be reactivated once the button has been released. The "Pager" button is located on the face of the transmitter. Pressing it will give a non-stimulating vibration for up to 12 seconds.
- Fitting the collar: The collar should be fitted so that the surgical stainless steel contact points press firmly against your dog's skin. You should be able to fit a finger between the contact point and your dog's skin. The best location is either side of your dog's windpipe. A loose collar may cause irritation and will not send consistent corrections. Dogtra uses surgical stainless steel contact points and anti-microbial plastic to protect your dog's skin.
- Refer to manual for detailed testing and charging instructions.
Occasionally reposition the collar to avoid skin irritation.
Dogtra Half Mile Remote Dog Trainer
Transmitter: 3.5" x 1.7" x 1.2"
Receiver: 2.3" x 1.6" x 1.0"