What is Dog Steps with 3 Steps?
Help maintain and protect your pet's joint health with the Dog Steps with 3 Steps. Pets that constantly jump off sofas, beds, and other furniture can place unnecessary strain on the joints which could potentially lead to arthritis. Reduce your pet's risk today by ordering these compact and durable pet stairs. The Dog Steps provide a wide surface area that allows your pet to stop and rest on each step before moving forward, which is especially helpful for senior pets. These pet stairs support dogs and cats up to 150 lbs and are available in 3 colors to accommodate most decor. Some dogs may need training. Watch the video on this page for tips on how to train your dog to use the steps. Recommended bed height: 31 inches high.
Other Steps Also Available:Dogs Steps with 2 Steps (18" High) Dogs Steps with 4 Steps (30.5" High) Carpeted Dog Steps with 2 Steps (18" High) Carpeted Dog Steps with 3 Steps (23" High)
Cats and Dogs (up to 150 lbs)
- Sturdy yet lightweight and supports pets up to 150 lbs.
- Stair height (23 inches tall) is ideal for climbing onto most couches and beds. For less height try the Dog Steps with 2 Steps.
- Wide steps allow for most pets to place all four legs on each step.
- Rubber grips eliminate slipping on hard surface flooring.
- Removable and machine-washable carpeted mats make cleaning easy.
- Your choice of colors (Tan, Sage, and Cocoa) helps to match most interior decor.
- Assembles in minutes with no tools needed.
How it Works:
Place the Dog Steps against the piece of furniture you want your dog or cat to climb up onto and down from with ease. Try encouraging your pet up and down the steps by using a treat. The Dog Steps are great for
- Senior pets that need help getting onto furniture. Read more about
how dog steps can help dogs and cats with arthritis
- Pets that already experience joint pain or weakness.
- All other pets to act as a preventive measure against arthritis by reducing the stress on joints when jumping down.
Do not use as a step stool. For indoor use only.
- Place all parts onto the floor, pairing the left and right panels and stair parts.
- Place the right panel on the floor with the Pet Gear logo facing the floor.
- Insert the top stair panel with the rug facing upward. The straight edge of the panel should be facing towards the back of the stair unit.
- Insert the front cover of the top step into the right panel.
- Insert one bottom step into the right panel.
- Repeat the two previous steps.
- Insert the rod into the right panel.
- Before attaching the left panel of the staircase, make sure there are no gaps between parts.
- Align all the holes on the left panel with the pegs from the right sides of the stairs.
- Push left panel down to secure the steps.
Recommended for small to medium breed dogs.
How to Purchase the Right Size Pet Steps for Your Dog or Cat
- Measure the height of the location to which you are to trying to give your pet access.
- Allow for a few extra inches below the top of the surface you are trying to give your pet access to by purchasing steps that are slightly smaller (in height) than the piece of furniture.
- Select a color that best matches or complements your decor.
Dog Steps with 3 Steps
Entire unit: 25.25"L x 16"W x 23"H
Dogs and cats weighing less than 150 lbs.
Do not use or rest near an open or exposed flame.
Dog Steps with 3 Steps is rated
Rated 5 out of
I purchased these steps to go beside my couch for my 14 year old cat to get to his spot. He took to them right away, no hesitation. They do slant forward quite a bit really and I was afraid that he wouldn't use them because of it. But I was very wrong!
If you're buying for a cat I don't think you can go wrong.
Date published: 2016-01-11
Rated 3 out of
This is a great product for able bodied dogs.
I bought it for my arthritic pug and she can't use it.
Our small spaniel breezes up and down the stairs.
We also have a short legged shih tzu that can climb
up but still cannot go down. We will work on this.
Date published: 2015-09-04
Rated 3 out of
Recently purchased the three step product. Have a 15 year old beagle that was using the four step one, but was having difficulty coming down. The 4 steps were too narrow for him to balance himself going down. Thought the 3 step with wider steps would help him. But the one we purchased is angled in a downward position, so he cannot get his balance going down. Plus, the plastic around the carpeted step is slippery so he seems to be struggling to even go up the steps. NOT HAPPY at all with this purchase.
Date published: 2015-05-29
Rated 2 out of
Perhaps if trained to use these steps as pups, the stairs would be useful and beneficial in a dog's later years. However, both my dogs, 10 and 11 years old were too afraid to use these steps to go up onto the bed. Even though I tried to entice them with treats placed upon the upper step levels, they would not go on the steps. If lifted up and placed on the steps, they were too afraid of them and immediately jumped off to the side. I am afraid I just wasted $50
Date published: 2015-03-17
Rated 4 out of
Tips for Use
I purchased this to help my 12 year old Border Collie onto the bed. She was an agility competition dog so I thought this would be easy. Turns out that she would not use the stairs as they were not wide enough for her to stay on easily. I made side rails using the cardboard that this came packaged in and attached them to the sides of the stairs using double sided foam tape. Abby now goes up easily as she can run her side against the rail and can't fall off the sides. I'll probably make a new set of rails from luan as they would look better, but she doesn't care.
Date published: 2013-11-24
Rated 5 out of
The Lhasa Apso's love them they run up and down like nothing the dachund won't go up but comes down with ease, which is most important. They are wonderful I don't have to worry about them getting hurt by jumping off the high bed.
Date published: 2011-09-19
Rated 5 out of
We purchased the 3-step dog steps for our 14 year old cat so he could get onto our bed. It has worked SOOOO well for him, and given him such joy to be able to get onto the bed again. We are impressed with the quality of the dog steps and would highly recommend them. From our perspective, the product is precisely as described. We really consider this to be one of our best purchase ideas.
Date published: 2011-08-25
Rated 2 out of
The steps are too high for our dog. He wont use them.
Date published: 2011-08-24