What is the Cat Washroom?
The Cat Washroom helps hide your cat's litter box and keeps messes out of sight. The attractive wood cabinet design blends in with most home decor and can be used as a side table for shelf space. Available in 3 colors (espresso, walnut and white). Note: Product does not include litter box pan.
- Provides a discreet area for your cat's litter box
- Flat tabletop surface can be used as shelf spacing for personal items
- Attractive wood cabinet design available in 3 colors (espresso, walnut, and white)
- Minimal assembly required
How it works:
The Cat Washroom provides an area for your cat's litter box keeping it out of sight. The tabletop surface provides shelf spacing and can be used to store personal items.
Please read all instructions before assembling.
Download the Cat Washroom Instructions
- Attach the Towel Hanger (H) to the Right Panel (B) or Left Panel (A) using washer (#8) and nut (#7) on each end.
- Insert two Locking Bolts (#1) and one Wooden Dowel (#4) into the Right Panel (B). Then attach the Right Panel to the Floor Panel (D) by inserting and tightening the Small Cams (#2a). Apply the Screw Covers (#3) onto of the Small Cams.
- Slide the Back Panel (G) into the slots of the Right and Floor Panel.
- Insert two Locking Bolts (#1) and one Wooden Dowel (#4) into the Left Panel (A). Then attach the Left Panel (A) to the Floor Panel by inserting and tightening the Small Cams (#2a). Apply the Screw Covers (#3) onto the Small Cams.
- Attach the Door Knob (#6) to the Door Panel (E).
- Insert 4 Locking Bolts (#1) and 2 Wooden Dowels (#4) into the Shelf Panel (C). Together, at the same time, attach the Shelf Panel (C) and Door Panel (E) to the other panels.
- Insert 4 Small Cams (#2a) into the holes on the side of both Left and Right Panels. Then apply the Screw Covers (#3) after fastening.
- Insert 4 Locking Bolts (#1) into the Top Panel (F). Inset the Top Panel into the 4 posts of the Cat Washroom. Secure with 4 Large Cams (#2b). Apply 4 Screw Covers (#3) to the Large Cams.
- To seal off the holes not used for the Towel Hanger, insert Wood Plugs (#5) into the holes on this side panel.
Step 1: Towel Hanger Options
The option is available to attach the Towel Hanger to the Right or Left Panel. If you decide to change this position in the future, remove the wood plugs and exchange sides. The wood plugs may be easily removed by tapping the back of the plugs with a screwdriver.
Step 2: Assembly Floor Panel
Ensure that the front lip on the floor panel is facing down.
Step 3: Back Panel Does Not Slide Into Side Floor Panels
There may be dust or debris preventing the back panels from easily sliding into place. Clear the pathway carefully using a thin object or tool.
Step 4: Door Panel Catches on Floor Panel When Being Opened or Closed
Use a screw driver to loosen the screws on the top hinge slightly. Once top hinge is loose, lift the bottom of the door slightly. Tighten back the screws on the top hinge.
To clean panels, use clean water on a damp cloth.
Cat Washroom is rated
Rated 4 out of
Would definitely recommend, but with a head up...
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is that it has one tiny design flaw. Basically, when assembling the unit, it is virtually impossible to install the door without cracking the floorboard near the hinge. My engineer boyfriend spotted the problem in advance, yet even with two of us trying our best to be careful, we still cracked it a little. He believes they need to put some sort of a metal piece in the floorboard to fix the issue, but since that's probably not going to happen anytime soon, I figured we could at least give other people a heads up. You can also leave the door off if you think your cats will have trouble with it anyway.
Other than this one issue, I'm pretty happy. Overall, it was not difficult to assemble and is fairly sturdy; at least, it's a lot sturdier than other flat pack furniture I've had. This cabinet also looks much, MUCH better than just having litter boxes on the floor. I also purchased it because my cats have a nasty habit of peeing in between or down the side of their litterboxes and so far this appears to help with that problem.
As far as getting cats to use it, I have two cats and am starting with one cabinet, so they are not forced to go into the cabinet. I'm also leaving the door open for now so they can more easily enter and exit.
I also recommend shopping online for a litterpan with dimensions that allow for the best fit or just making your own. It's not actually hard to find pans that fit this, but it's easier to shop for them online than running from store to store with a tape measure.
Date published: 2016-05-09
Rated 2 out of
Pieces dont fit
I loved the idea of this litter box because I have a smaller house and liked the idea that it was some what hidden. While putting it together I only got to one side and the other sides, the screws and bolts do not fit. The premade holes in the wood are too small for the hardware. It was reasonably priced but for that price I wouldn't think there would be an issue. I tried calling the number they give and its like someone's personal line, I had to end up going to the hardware store and buying screws and building it by putting screws in. I was very disappointed.
Date published: 2014-07-07
Rated 5 out of
No One Would Know!
I am so thrilled with this "cat box", I am buying another!
Unless I point it out, no one even knows my "end table" is actually a litter box. Well made & very easy to put together, it matches my cherry wood furniture perfectly! BEST part is ... it keeps almost ALL of the litter INSIDE!! The only litter I sweep is what sticks to my cats paws & drops off as they walk!
I HIGHLY recommend this if you're even considering it!
Date published: 2013-01-03
Rated 5 out of
My cat is very messy with his litter box. I would come home from work and see litter all over the place from him kicking and digging constantly. I was at my wits end, saw the cat washroom, and bought it. The top is being used as a small magazine shelf while the bottom is doing its job perfectly. It is very discreet and it just looks like another piece of furniture. The best thing about this... ALL the litter stays inside and I don't have to constantly sweep, I can just open the door and sweep loose litter into a pan. I LOVE IT.
Date published: 2011-11-01
Rated 5 out of
Solved the problem
I saw this at a neighbor's house and decided it would be the solution to my problem. I HATE having a litter box in my house, but having an indoor cat, I have no choice! It took some help getting it assembled, but once that was done, it was just a matter of deciding where I wanted to put it. It has eliminated the litter box mess on the floor, and hides the box quite nicely.
Date published: 2011-08-16
Rated 5 out of
I love this little cabinet. Alex goes inside for privacy, because cat's love to hide in corners. It has easy access to open door and pull out litter box to clean. It has shelf above for lamp which serves as the night light in the finished basement where we placed this cabinet. USED AS AN END TABLE and guest don't know the real purpose of it.
Date published: 2011-05-10
Rated 4 out of
my cat really loves this product i took it home and right away my cat enjoyed it for all you cat lovers bring one home and see how much fun your cat has my cat treat it like a second home
Date published: 2011-03-25