What is Petromalt Hairball Remedy?
Petromalt Hairball Remedy is an intestinal lubricant that helps eliminate swallowed hair and prevent future hairballs. Regular use helps relieve constipation, dry cough, and occasional vomiting. Made in the USA
Cats (over 4 weeks old)
- Lubricates your cat's digestive system to help eliminate hairballs
- Relieves constipation, dry cough, and occasional vomiting
- Comes in malt or fish flavor
How it works:
Mineral oil is included in the ingredients for its laxative properties. Glycerin is added for its moisturizing properties and barley malt syrup makes the product more palatable.
If cat's condition worsens or does not improve, consult your veterinarian.
Corn Syrup, Barley Malt Extract, Mineral Oil.
What is this product used for:
Petromalt is an intestinal lubricant and laxative for kittens and puppies.
Petromalt is a non-prescription (OTC) product.
How this product should be used:
For kittens and puppies over 4 weeks of age use a ½-1 inch ribbon once or twice a week. The medication should be placed on the nose or front paws where it can be licked off. Petromalt should be given between meals. Do not mix with food or give close to mealtime. The veterinarian may give specific directions for use and the professional advice should be followed closely.
In the event of overdose:
Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room.
What are the side effects:
There are no reported side effects.
What special precautions are there:
This product should be given between meals. Do not mix with food or give close to mealtime.
How should I store this product:
Store these products at room temperature. Keep the bottle tightly closed to preserve freshness. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Petromalt Hairball Remedy is an intestinal lubricant which aids in the elimination of swallowed hair and prevention of hairballs in cats. It comes in malt or fish flavor.
- Regular use of Petromalt Hairball Remedy helps relieve constipation, as well as dry cough and occasional vomiting that can occur as a result of hairballs.
- Feed Petromalt Hairball Remedy directly to the pet. Do not mix with food. Withhold food for 2 hours before and after giving Petromalt Hairball Remedy to your cat.
Feed to your cat either from your fingers or by placing on the cat's front paw where it can be readily licked off.
Cats/Kittens: (over 4 weeks of age) For elimination of existing hairballs
Per 4.4 lbs of cat's weight, feed a ½ inch ribbon of product daily, for 3-4 days.
Cats/Kittens: (over 4 weeks of age) To prevent hairballs.
Per 4.4 lbs of cat's weight, feed a ½ inch ribbon of product once or twice a week to prevent hairballs. Brush coat frequently.
Store this product at room temperature.
Petromalt Hairball Remedy - Malt Flavor:
Other Ingredients: Acacia Gum, Acidified Calcium Sulfate, Barley Malt Syrup, Caramel, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Thiamine HCl, Water.
Petromalt Hairball Remedy - Fish Flavor:
Other Ingredients: Acacia Gum, Acidified Calcium Sulfate, Barley Malt Syrup, Caramel, Fish Oil, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Thiamine HCl, Water.