What is Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula?
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula is part of the Allergy-Free line of foods created for dogs prone to food allergies or sensitivities. This dog food limits the ingredients in your dog's diet which may help to reduce allergic reactions such as skin problems, upset stomach, or an irritable bowel. This formula uses a single protein source (lamb meal) and a single carbohydrate source (brown rice) without the addition of any artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors.
Puppies and Dogs
- For all breeds and life stages
- Quality ingredients provide sources of protein (lamb meal) and fiber (brown rice)
- Limited ingredients make this an ideal food for dogs with food allergies or sensitivities
- Easily digestible
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and coat
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) dog food nutrient profile for all life stages
- Made in the USA
How it works:
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets are specially formulated to help reduce allergic reactions in dogs with food sensitivities. By using fresh protein sources and quality carbohydrates (such as lamb meal and brown rice) these simple ingredients may help to rebuild your dog's immune system and reduce allergic reactions. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids from canola oil and salmon oil help to maintain your dog's skin health and shiny coat.
- Puppies: From six weeks to six months, feed three times a day. You may want to add a small amount of canned dog food for ease of feeding. The amount of canned dog food can be gradually decreased as the puppy matures. After six months, it is recommended to feed twice daily.
- Adult Dogs: Adult dogs should be fed either once or twice per day. When you first start feeding Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula, we suggest to start with the amounts recommended in the table below. Energy requirements vary with environmental conditions, temperature, and activity of your dog. The amount of food should always be adjusted to suit your dog's needs.
- Pregnant Dogs: A pregnant dog requires little or no increase of food during the first 6 weeks of pregnancy. During the remaining 3 weeks, the demand for nutrients will gradually increase and the food intake should increase accordingly. During the 7th week, the food intake should increase by approximately 10% and by 20% during weeks 8 and 9.
Lactation is the most nutritionally demanding period in your dog's life. Immediately after whelping, the nutritional demand for the new mother increases by 50% compared to the maintenance level. Nutritional requirements are dependent on the size of the mother and the number of nursing puppies. So as not to overwhelm the digestive system, the lactating mother should be fed 3 or 4 times per day. As a guideline, we suggest the following schedule:
- After whelping, feed 50% above maintenance level-feed in 3 equal meals per day.
- During the second week, feed twice the maintenance level-feed in 3 or 4 equal meals per day.
- During the third week, feed three times the maintenance level-feed in 3 or 4 equal meals per day.
- During the sixth week gradually reduce the food intake back to twice the maintenance level-feed in 3 equal meals per day.
- During weeks 7 and 8, feed 20% above maintenance levels-feed in 2 equal meals per day.
We recommend a gradual introduction by replacing the current food with increasing portions of the new Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula. The change should be over a 5 to 7 day weaning period.
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula
Store in a cool and dry place.
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula:
Ingredients: Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Rice Bran, Canola Oil, Lamb, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Calorie Content: 340 kcals per 8 oz cup
Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Formula is rated
Rated 5 out of
Great choice for dogs with allergies
Our large breed has had allergies for years. After testing, we found out his list of allergies is almost a page long. The company cross-referenced his allergies against food brands and provided me with a list of brands to try. I started with Natural Balance and have stuck with it for several years. In addition, because of his allergies there are certain foods he is unable to eat. I have found Natural Balance offers more flavor options for him to enjoy. We also feed it to our two other dogs without allergies.
Date published: 2012-03-24
Rated 5 out of
YAY for this food!
My lovely King Cavalier Elizabeth had an allergy test and she is allergic to SO MANY THINGS, including Potatoes! Poor girl. BUT the good news is she is doing GREAT now on her Natural Balance Lamb Meal & Brown Rice! I am SO GLAD to have found this food that she seems to love – and her symptoms and scratching have disappeared. Such a great, healthy dog food for pups with issues. She’s usually on my lap unless she’s eating her Natural Balance – and my only complaint is that she almost loves the food as much as she loves me! I’m so glad she’s healthy now. THANK YOU Natural Balance.
Date published: 2012-01-18
Rated 5 out of
No more scratching
I have a 5 year old Shih Tzu with allergies. He was always red and scratching. I put him on the Natural Balance Lamb Meal and Brown Rice and he is now allergy free. He used to vomit a lot but he doesn't anymore. I won't buy anything else for my furkids.
Date published: 2011-08-10