What is Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs?
The Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs help your small- to- medium size pets access their favorite places and spaces with more confidence and ease. Lightweight and portable, the Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs are a single, foldable unit that requires no tools for assembly and are easy to keep clean. Plus, the attractive design goes well with most interior decor. Convenient, practical, and affordable, the Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs also make an excellent portable aid for pets needing assistance climbing in and out of vehicles.
Dogs and Cats/small -to -medium size pets (up to 120lbs)
- Helps small to medium size pets access their favorite places by providing a stair case.
- Super lightweight weighs only 5 pounds for easy portability
- Quickly foldable for easy storage
- No tools required for assembly
- Detachable nonskid feet make the stairs extra sturdy on smooth flooring
- Attractive, modern styling blends well with most interior decor
- Easy to clean with any mild household cleaner
- Helps preserve upholstery and bedding by reducing the wear and tear caused by paws and claws
How it Works:
The durable Solvit PupSTEP Plus Stairs help small - to - medium sized pets access their favorite places by providing stairs to climb up and down more confidently. Conveniently sized to fit the height of most sofas and beds, the Solvit PupSTEP Plus Stairs have safety side rails built into the design and detachable non-skid feet for smoother flooring. These stairs can also be used for pets needing help into vehicles.
Solvit PupSTEP Plus Stairs are intended for small - to - medium size pets only - up to 120 lbs. Due to the size of the individual step sections, larger pets can become unstable and so the PupSTEP Plus Stairs are strictly intended for pets up to 120 lbs. The Solvit PupSTEP Plus Stairs are not intended for human use or for carrying heavy loads.
- Assemble and stabilize your Solvit PupStep Plus Pet Stairs by swinging out the back leg section (folded under the main stair section) until both of the locking tabs are engaged in their respective windows in the locking rib section. Press down gently on the button on the locking tab arm to help ease the engagement of the locking tab into the window. Check to make sure all are locked and secure.
- Attach the stair treads - the four adhesive-backed stair tread covers that come included with your purchase. Working one step at a time, peel the white paper backing off each tread piece and press it firmly into the recessed area on each plastic step. Hold pressure for a few seconds and then repeat the process for the remaining stairs. Don't rush, take your time to align the strips, and your stairs should look just look like the image on the carton. Tip for separating the white backing from the adhesive: sharply fold the tread piece and rub firmly back and forth several times between thumb and fingers. Unfold the tread and notice the 'wrinkles" that formed in the white backing material and pull up on the edges of the backing at the wrinkles.
- Attaching the non-slip feet is optional but recommended if the stairs will be used on a smooth or slick surface, such as wood flooring. Peel the backing from each piece and press firmly into the recessed area at the corners on the underside of the stairs. Repeat for all four corners. Note that separating the white paper backing from the adhesive on the non-slip feet is a bit different than on the stair treads. In this case, just sharply fold back one corner of each foot and carefully peel off the white paper backing.
- Some pets will use the stairs instantly while others may need patience and gradual training. If training seems inevitable, start by placing treats on the steps to encourage your pet to climb. Also covering the stairs with something familiar, like a favorite blanket with treats placed on top, can also help pets overcome their hesitation. If your pet becomes anxious while training, take some time off and let him or her learn to use the steps at his or her own pace.
- Storing and toting your Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs is as easy as pressing the release 'button" located on both locking tabs located on the upper part of the back leg. Once it is in its closed position, it is ready for storage or travel.
- Care for your Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs by promptly wiping up any foreign matter or liquid with a damp cloth or sponge. Regular cleaning with any mild household cleaner can help keep it looking newer for longer.
There are many tricks to separating the adhesive backing, so referring to the individual tips for the two different parts enclosed can greatly reduce frustration.
Solvit PupStep Plus Pet Stairs
Step measures: 24"L x 16"W x 20"H