What is Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA?
Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA is a delicious tasting joint supplement for dogs of all breeds, sizes, and lifestyles. Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA is made with higher levels of glucosamine than Cosequin DS, and also includes chondroitin, which may improve flexibility. MSM is included to relieve pain and inflammation, and also helps maintain cell health. It also contains Hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a key component of healthy joints in dogs.
- Supports & maintains joint and connective tissue health
- Helps support cartilage matrix production & protects existing cartilage from breakdown
- MSM helps maintain a healthy immune system and rejuvenates cells
- Dogs think of each chew as a treat
- Recommended #1 by veterinarians
- Scored tablets simplify administering
- Contains Hyaluronic acid
How does Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA work?
Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA tablets contain glucosamine which helps hydrate healthy joints by increasing the production of molecules that bind and hold water in the cartilage. Healthy cartilage provides cushioning which helps protect a pet's joints while exercising. Many believe that it provides clinical benefit in the synovial fluid by strengthening cartilage and aiding glycosaminoglycan synthesis. MSM is a sulfur compound found naturally in many foods such as cows milk, meat, seafood, and fruits and vegetables. MSM is added to joint supplements because of its effectiveness to relieve pain and inflammation of the joints. In addition, MSM also plays an important role as an antioxidant in helping to maintain healthy cells, especially in body tissue. The Hyaluronic acid provides viscosity to the synovial fluid, which supports joint function and reduces friction between joint surfaces.
None. If you suspect that your pet has received an overdose of Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA, consult your veterinarian or emergency veterinary clinic immediately.
Source: Among retail brands. Survey conducted among small animal veterinarians who recommended oral joint health supplements.
Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA Directions:
- Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA is for dogs only.
- Give Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA with your dog's meal or after feeding to avoid stomach upset.
- The recommended initial period is 4-6 weeks; however, some dogs may respond sooner. The number of chewable tablets may then be reduced to the maintenance level.
- The maintenance level can also be used long term on healthy dogs to help support their joints. Cosequin chewable tablets can be given all at once or divided throughout the day.
Diabetic dogs should have their blood glucose monitored when taking glucosamine supplements.
Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA Dosage:
|Up to 15 lbs||1/2 tablet daily|
|16-30 lbs||1 tablet daily|
|31-60 lbs||2 tablets daily|
|Over 60 lbs||3 tablets daily|
|Up to 15 lbs||1/2 tablet every other day|
|16-30 lbs||1/2 tablet every other day|
|31-60 lbs||1 tablet daily|
|Over 60 lbs||1-2 tablets daily|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Store the container in a cool, dry area out of direct sunlight. Keep the lid tightly closed. Keep out of the reach of children.
Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM & HA Ingredients:
|Glucosamine Hydrochloride (Derived from shellfish)||600 mg|
|Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (Derived from bovine cartilage)||300 mg*|
|Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)||250 mg|
|Hyaluronic Acid (HA)||6 mg|
|Manganese (Manganese Ascorbate)||3 mg|
|Cosequin® contains FCHG49® Glucosamine and TRH122® Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, proprietary veterinary researched specifications.|
|*Reported on a hydrous basis.|