What is Solvit Deluxe Vehicle Safety Harness?
The Solvit Deluxe Vehicle Safety Harness offers a safe way for your dog to travel with you whether you're running quick errands or driving on long road trips. The new safety harness design has been crash-tested in a Department of Transportation-approved facility according to leading industry standards. Due to its extensive static testing (to 3,000+ lbs), the Solvit Deluxe Safety Harness offers the utmost strength and durability, while the padded vest ensures your dog's comfort.
- Reduces driver distraction and improves safety by restraining pet in events of sudden stops
- Crash tested in DOT-approved facility to ensure safety and durability
- Comfortable padded vest is fully adjustable to fit all dogs within each size range
- Easy to load and unload your dog into
- Convenient walking leash attachment makes a seamless transition to and from your vehicle
- Fits all vehicles
How it Works:
The Solvit Deluxe Vehicle Safety Harness easily integrates with your vehicle's seat belt system to keep your dog comfortable and safe when traveling with you. A fully padded vest and breathable inner layer provide optimal comfort while the strength-rated straps keep your dog safely secure.
Click to download the Solvit Deluxe Vehicle Safety Harness Use Guide
There are several ways to attach the safety vest to the vehicle seat belt to achieve different combinations of safety rating and pet mobility. Generally, the attachment methods that offer the least range of motion are considered safest. Since many pets prefer to have the ability to move around somewhat, determine the best configuration for your pet. The following options are presented in order from those providing greatest range of motion to least:
- Fasten the seat belt. Attach the safety tether to the shoulder (upper) portion of the seat belt, by first passing the tether behind the belt, and passing the carabineer through the loop at the opposite end of the tether. Connect the carabineer to the twin harness loops to secure pet. The seat belt tensioning device will lock if the vehicle stops suddenly.
- To reduce pet's range of motion, it is possible to lock the seat belt in advance by fully extending it and allowing it to return to a normal position (same procedure as that used with child safety seats).
- Fastening the tether to the lap (lower) portion of the seat belt will also reduce pet's range of motion.
- An alternate way to attach the tether is the form a loop, by passing the tether behind the seat belt, then through the twin harness loops, and connecting the end of the tether to the carabineer.
- The method regarded as safest, which provides the least range of motion, is to pass the two sections through the twin harness loops before buckling seat belt. Note this method does not use the tether.
Solvit Deluxe Vehicle Safety Harness
Solvit Deluxe Vehicle Safety Harness is rated
Rated 5 out of
Used for a long time.
I bought 4 of these several years ago (2 for each vehicle), an older model I'm sure, and use them every time we put dogs in either vehicle. None of our dogs weigh over 20#. They don't mind wearing them and it keeps them from jumping into the front or getting too active. They can have some freedom and, with just 1 dog fastened to the middle seat belt, can reach either side window to look around. Although we've never been in an accident with them buckled in, I do feel safer with them wearing the harness. We think they're great.
Date published: 2016-02-09
Rated 5 out of
Easy to use!
Great for dogs that like see what's going on. He'd rather stick his head out the window but when he almost jumped out into traffic one day I knew that had to stop. It keeps Charlie from jumping all over me while I drive, too.
Date published: 2015-02-04