What is Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food?
Specialized dry formula for overweight and less active adult dogs. Protein-to-fat ratio is optimized to maintain muscle mass during weight loss.
- Formerly Purina Pro Plan Focus Adult Weight Management Formula
- Protein-to-fat ratio is optimized to maintain muscle mass during weight loss
- Natural prebiotic fiber nourishes specific intestinal bacteria for digestive health
- 15% less fat than Pro Plan® Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula for adult dogs
- Omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin A to nourish skin and coat
- Fortified with Guaranteed Live Probiotics for digestive and immune health
- High in protein with chicken as the first ingredient
- No artificial colors or flavors
How does Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food work?
Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food contains a protein-to-fat ratio is optimized to maintain muscle mass during weight loss. Live probiotics support immune health, with prebiotic fiber for digestion. Omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin A nourish skin and coat.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Directions:
- Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily.
- Although you’ll be anxious to see the difference Pro Plan can make in your dog, please allow 7 - 10 days to ease the transition from your dog’s current food.
- To avoid dietary upsets, gradually transition by feeding a little less of your dog’s previous food and a little more Pro Plan until you’re feeding Pro Plan exclusively.
- For your pet's health, see your veterinarian regularly.
The exact amount of food your dog requires will need to be adjusted according to age, activity and environment.
Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Dosage:
|Weight||Daily amount for weight maintenance|
|3-12 lbs||1/2 to 1-1/4 cup|
|13-20 lbs||1-1/4 to 1-2/3 cups|
|21-35 lbs||1-3/4 to 2-1/2 cups|
|36-50 lbs||2-1/2 to 3 cups|
|51-75 lbs||3-1/4 to 4 cups|
|76-100 lbs||4 to 5 cups|
|100 lbs and over||5-1/4 cups plus 1/3 cup for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs|
|Weight||Daily amount for 25% calorie reduction|
|3-12 lbs||1/3 to 1 cup|
|13-20 lbs||1 to 1-1/4 cups|
|21-35 lbs||1-1/4 to 2 cups|
|36-50 lbs||2 to 2-1/3 cups|
|51-75 lbs||2-1/3 to 3 cups|
|76-100 lbs||3 to 3-2/3 cups|
|100 lbs and over||4 cups plus 1/4 cup for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs|
|Cats||Do not use!|
|Horses||Do not use!|
Purina Pro Plan Adult Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food Ingredients:
|Crude Protein (Min)||27.0%|
|Crude Fat (Min)||9.0%|
|Crude Fat (Max)||13.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||5.5%|
|Linoleic Acid (Min)||1.3%|
|Calcium (Ca) (Min)||0.9%|
|Phosphorus (P) (Min)||0.7%|
|Selenium (Se) (Min)||0.35 mg/kg|
|Vitamin A (Min)||15,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E (Min)||460 IU/kg|
|Ascorbic Acid* (Min)||70 mg/kg|
|Glucosamine* (Min)||400 ppm|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (Min)||1.5%|
|Ingredients: Chicken, rice, poultry by-product meal, whole grain corn, corn gluten meal, whole grain wheat, corn germ meal, barley, beef fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols, dried egg product, fish meal, natural flavor, wheat flour, wheat bran, salt, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, mono and dicalcium phosphate, VITAMINS [Vitamin E supplement, niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), thiamine mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin B-12 supplement, riboflavin supplement (Vitamin B-2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), folic acid (Vitamin B-9), menadione sodium bisulfite complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D-3 supplement, biotin (Vitamin B-7)], choline chloride, MINERALS [zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite], L-Lysine monohydrochloride, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (Vitamin C), dried Bacillus coagulans fermentation product, garlic oil.|
|*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.|
|Metabolizable Energy (ME): 364 kcal/cup .|