|Dental | Ear | Eye | Flea and Tick | Heartworm | Joints | Medications | Pain | Skin and Coat | Supplies | Vitamins | Specials|
Heart Blood Pressure
Urinary Tract and Kidneys
Cat Tapeworm Medicine: Tape Worm Tabs vs. Droncit
If your pet needs cat tapeworm medicine, it’s important to most pet guardians to get the most effective medication at the best price. Once you have identified that your cat has tapeworms, what cat tapeworm medicines are available? Two of the most popular cat tapeworm medicines are Droncit and Tape Worm Tabs. To help you choose the best cat tapeworm medicine, here is a comparison of these two medications:
Droncit vs. Tape Worm Tabs: Similarities
- Same Active Ingredient: The active ingredient in both brands of cat tapeworm medicine is Praziquantel.
- Same Strength: Both Droncit and Tape Worm Tabs contain 23 mg of Praziquantel per tablet.
- Both brands of cat tapeworm medicine remove both types of tapeworm (Dipylidium canium and Taenia taeniaeformis).
- The dosing of both brands of cat tapeworm medicine is the same:
|4 lbs and under: Give 1/2 tablet
5-11 lbs: Give 1 tablet
Over 11 lbs: Give 1 1/2 tablet
Differences between Droncit and Tape Worm Tabs
- Tape Worm Tabs are classified as an over-the-counter cat tapeworm medicine and does not require a prescription. Droncit requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
- Tape Worm Tabs comes in a bottle of three tablets. Droncit is sold per tablet.
- Tape Worm Tabs cost approximately 15% less than Droncit.
- Droncit is manufactured by Bayer and Tape Worm Tabs are manufactured by Tradewinds.
If you are not sure if your cat has tapeworms, you will want to visit your veterinarian for medical advice and to have your cat’s stool sample examined. However, if you recognize the characteristic signs that your cat has tapeworm, then you can purchase Tape Worm Tabs over-the-counter.
- How to Use Cat Tapeworm Medicine
- Does My Pet Need Cat Tapeworm Medicine?
- Keeping your medicine cabinet off-limits to pets
- A spoonful of sugar does not necessarily make the medicine go down
- Previcox for Your Dog’s Joint Pain